1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

CD based app development

I'm looking for anybody who might be able to point me in the right direction in regards to development platform. I have a client who wants me to deliver a CD based application that will allow users to customize the look of the PDF forms that are on the CD (i.e. add their logo, address info, etc.) and then customize some of the content of the PDFs, so we'll need dynamically generated PDFs that can have portions of their content customizable also.

This is not a web based application because the users might not have an internet connection, so it needs to be a standalone app.

Does anybody have any ideas on a good way to pursue this?

thanks,
    brian fidler
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

You have cpl of options to go for:

Delphi
    Visual Basic
    C#

Personally I would prefer to use Delphi because language comes so natural to me. C# is pretty new so you may not find enough help when you are proceeding with your project yet.

Good luck
  5. No Profile Picture

Visual C/C++ is another option. You can achieve a nice interative interface using Flash or Director and stitch in other program modules to do the dirty work. Just a thought.

S
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

whatever direction you choose, it will cost you initially some money + time.

Visual Studio from microsoft is around 2000 $
    Borland Delphi 6 is more expensive.

And you should be ready to spend lots of time to learn how to use these programming languages.

Easy to develop user interfaces with IDEs coming with them but programming needs real experience.

Wish you good luck

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo