1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

CMS and more... pay schedule to be discussed

It's a topic that has been mentioned here (so I found through searching) but no real answers as to which CMS is a good one to use for single login/multiple script application platform.

My proposition is to create one.
    I have 'played with many open source CMS and have dumped them each for one reason or another.

I am open to suggestions of creation of a modular platform.

As I am sure all projects initialy publish - I foresee a system that costs nothing, does everything and never breaks down...

Now for reality check.

Yes it needs to be robust and yes it will need supportso it can grow, I would like to produce a slick end product and whether it's pay as we go now and I own 100% or a split partnership where we pool resources and share in the benefits later.

While the end result is a business platform, there is a perfectlysuited small community site that would suit as a test bed with live feedback and I have a lot of feedback from the use of the opensource solutions used in the past.

Requirements
    • News[/li]
    • Articles
    • article placement
    • template management
    • customizable menus and blocks
    • forum integration - with either licenced or own script
    • upload/download management
    • News Ticker
    • avatars (customizable and or uploadable)
    • single login for multiple scripts
    • enables php code in 'blocks'
    • established to make new modules seemless as long as they follow approved criteria for you to set
    • chat without software download also tied into main site
    • ability to track movement around the site e.g. "person 1 is online - in chat"

feel free to email me on newcmsproject@fantasyscifi.com
    I am serious as long as the project starts soon.

Honesty is the key... also would be a bonus if between +0 and +8 GMT (not necessary if you're a night owl or respond regular time frame)

Thanks for your time in readin this long description
    Last edited by terame; February 13th, 2003 at 11:08 PM.
  3. No Profile Picture

Question jump at the chance?

SHeesh I thought surely someone would jump at this - it's a serious development proposal with you being able to either get paid upfront or make ongoing revenue from your work...

Surely someone is interested?

---UPDATE---

After several conversations it seems obvious that unless the developer is willing to look at ongoing revenue then this project is best suited to someone who has most of the features already developed (possibly for previous client?)

The reason being that 'the start from scratch' proposal will mean delays in both implementation and getting started due to the current exchange rate of Au$ : US$

ie this will suit someone not US or UK based if building from scratch OR from ANYWHERE if willing to look at ongoing revenue vs/ upfront payment in full for time.
    Last edited by terame; February 13th, 2003 at 07:19 PM.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Just have the framework right. Modules can be written in time after base is strong.

So if I were you I would look for what been done wrong with other CMS, why you do not like it.

Then I would look for a developer who uses a kind of stage delivery, he will deliver, and he will change when specs change easily(=planning/coding is good enough that allows changes easily)

If I were you I would make a realistic schedule instead of "soon", but on the other side you wanna make money to proceed with development and get some revenue offcourse.

Anyway I wish you good luck

PS: our icq connetion blowed up after you get your laptop from your car
  7. 11
    Devshed Demi-God (4500 - 4999 posts)

Personally, I really don't see why you need this custom built from scratch. Portal/blogger packages like plone, slash, php-nuke, post-nuke or even Moveable Type have most of the features you're looking for.

Why pay to develop something from scratch? Might as well start from a base. If I were you, I'd spend some serious time looking again at other open-source CMSs. Pick one that does most of what you want, and then find someone to customize it. Starting from scratch is probably going to get you an inferior product for more money, a lose-lose proposition.
  9. No Profile Picture

see my own reply

Originally posted by Hero Zzyzzx
    Personally, I really don't see why you need this custom built from scratch. Portal/blogger packages like plone, slash, php-nuke, post-nuke or even Moveable Type have most of the features you're looking for.

Why pay to develop something from scratch? Might as well start from a base. If I were you, I'd spend some serious time looking again at other open-source CMSs. Pick one that does most of what you want, and then find someone to customize it. Starting from scratch is probably going to get you an inferior product for more money, a lose-lose proposition.
    I did actually reply to my own post in relation to starting from scratch.

As for Open source - to make a commercial program open source is not viable for "editing" as the code must then be available for free. Defeats the purpose

But thanks for replying
  11. No Profile Picture
    Php Freelance Web development

php mysql apache linux freelance

1) will there be any upfront payment ?
    2) if not can the code be developed in MY OWN server ?
    3) what is your estimate of the market for this kind of product?
    4) will it be a partnership arrangement ?
    if so
    a) what will be exactly your part ?
    b) what will be exactly my part ?

Thanks
    Chris, Developer, Chrisranjana.com
    Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India.
    Php Programmers
  13. No Profile Picture

Re: php mysql apache linux freelance

Originally posted by chris18
    [B]1) will there be any upfront payment ?
    Up to you - as I explained the percentage now and in the future is completely up to you. ie more payment now means we will want 100% rights, partnership would mean we discuss in depth (logically )
    2) if not can the code be developed in MY OWN server ?
    I think I covered this above - if not please PM me thanks
    3) what is your estimate of the market for this kind of product?
    We have a current client base of 3000 businesses (end users) (with 40 reliable resellers above them), so just from our own client base if we assume the worst case of 1-3 in 100 there are 30-90 sales.
    That is without marketing - which of course is most certainly our plan for the end result.
    4) will it be a partnership arrangement ?
    if so
    a) what will be exactly your part ?
    b) what will be exactly my part ?
    I think this touches on what I answered to "1)"

PM me for details depending on what payment model you are interested in.

Thanks

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo