1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Converting a SuperLab program to HTML

First, I am new to this and I'm not even entirely sure if this is the right subforum, but anyway:

I am running a very simple reaction time experiment programmed on SuperLab. To save time it would help me tremendously if it could be converted into a webprogram that I could share online and have people do it.

I have been told that converting it shouldn't be hard, but I don't know about these things.

The program itself is very simple:
    Click button B when item X appears
    Do NOT click button B when item Y appears
    record response (reaction time)

Here is a copy of the program itself (74kb):
    rapidshare.com/files/319525761/espenXM.rar

In addition to the info on the program I also need a page where people type in their age, gender, nationality, and ethnicity.

Is this something anyone can help me with?
  3. Contributing User

Just a suggestion, if I may: you'll get more help if more details on the "logic" and some "screenshots" of the SuperLab could be provided? Because, not all have and understand SuperLab. Is it somekind of MathLab?

Like you said:
    The program itself is very simple:
    Click button B when item X appears
    Do NOT click button B when item Y appears
    record response (reaction time)
    Hendra
    Last edited by hdewantara; July 28th, 2013 at 12:45 PM.
  5. No Profile Picture

Hi

SuperLab is just a program designed for experiments. I don't know much of it myself: I use it through my University.

You basically program blocks that follow patterns, Like Block 1 -> run tutorial 1-> run picture 1 and picture 2, recording response time. It's pretty basic but good for experimental designs.

This is the program:
    superlab.com/

I believe the trial is free.
  7. No Profile Picture

By the way it is worth mentioning that you do not need to know SuperLab to program what I am talking about. I only mention it because it is already programmed on SuperLab.

However, it should be possible to make it from scratch as it is a fairly simple experiment where you click a button to the pictures labeled GO and simply do nothing on pictures labelled STOP.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo