1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Drag and Drop 3D Engine

[Seeking]: I am seeking multiple C++, Python and other programmers.

[Project]: A first of it's kind 3D Drag and Drop Game Engine. Developers can use cross platforms such as Blender, DAZ Studio, Maya or Poser to create objects, characters, scenes, etc and import them into the game. Little to no programming experience is required for users but full programming features are available for the hardcore developers.

[User Costs]: Like with Blender and other open source engines and software, the founders and experienced developers would create new products for the engine and sell copies of them such as a new character for $9.95 or a high poly tree for $4.95. Also the free version you could create a game with limited options and a full license would be a low cost of $299. However for companies to use it for mainstream games it'd require a $1,999 license.

[Funding]: We will gain funding of $250,000 through Kickstarter and Indiegogo, I expect the funding to exceed this amount.

[Languages]: We'll be releasing the first full game engine in English only and will consider adopting other languages in the future.

[Communication]: We'll be having weekly meetings via Skype, Live Chat, Local and other means.

[My Experience]: I've worked with a number of 3D softwares, mainly Bryce 7 and Blender. I do 3D modeling and a little animation, also have created full renders with 100% of my modeling and partial games created by myself. I currently only know web based programming languages but can create the content, layout and documentation of the engine plus publicity of it. I have been playing games on cross platforms for 27 years.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Java dev here (with bits of C++, PHP, D and some uninteresting others).

Can you tell us how the piece of software that you envision compares to existing game engines, like unity, UDK and similar?
    Can you show us a bit of your work, like the partial games and/or 3d renders?
  5. No Profile Picture

Hi Joop,

This engine is the first of it's kind. It'd allow developers to create games without needing to know a single line of coding. Basically a huge drag and drop engine, which you create levels, scenes, music, actions, stories, etc. But for the more advanced developers you'd be able to import your own models, program your own code, etc. Just like RPG Maker VX but in 3D.

I am just starting to learn C++, the games I worked on were done on the Blender Game Engine. Here is some of my stuff:

As for the engine here is a demo page I built:
  7. No Profile Picture

The forum won't allow me to post urls or private message you.
  9. No Profile Picture

Interested

Hi there, i've been looking for a project to get into.
    I am a Python programmer, but also know PHP, HTML, CSS, Javascript ( I study Webdesign). I Would like to know more.
    Do you have a community group of sorts set up?
    judging from your description you seem to have some sort of a plan for this, would it be possible to get that as an email?

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo