1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Exclamation Game programmer for creative sandbox adventure game (team of 7 so far)

Game Name
    No Sanctuary

Game Concept Summary
    No Sanctuary is a Robinson Crusoe-like survival take on Fantasy. The player set lose in a wild fantasy world where he or she must gather resources, build and fight for his or her life.
    We plan to not only let the player be creative and construct buildings in whatever shape they please, but also include a lot of cool trinkets to make the strife against the world a bit easier and reward player ingenuity
    The world will be randomly generated to keep things interesting, and a marching cubes-based system is used to randomly generate a gorgeous looking fully destructible environment for the player to explore.

The game is greatly inspired by the likes of Minecraft, Terraria and Dwarf Fortress, games well known for their successful game concepts in the indie scene.

Compensation
    Since this is a unfunded indie project we cannot promise any pay, though if we are successful we may be able to fund the project based on pre-order/beta income like some indie-projects have done before. That said, we'd rather you join us to make an innovative awesome game, and not just for the money.

Technology
    We're using a game engine called Unity 3D. It is a highly flexible game engine with support for C#, Java Script and Boo Script. The game is meant to be run well on a fairly average stationary computer.

Talent Needed
    What we need is all the programming talent we can get. You don't need previous game programming experience, but you need to be able to meet deadlines and most importantly be motivated and have a positive attitude.

Team
    Our current team is made up of three graphic artists, one game designer, two sound designers and one programmer.

Website
    We don't have an official website yet, but we've got a blog where we occasionally post images or updates on the progress we've made so far.

Contact
    Since emails are disabled, simply contact me through this thread or a PM.

Additional Info
    If you want to know more, ask!
  3. No Profile Picture

No Sanctuary

I would like to join your team if I might qualify for your needs. Currently I am learning java programming and doing a little bit of C along the way. I need to start some programming projects such as this to gain experience and to beef up my resume. Please reply with any questions you may have about me or additional details you may need. Thank you.
  5. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by naspri4
    I would like to join your team if I might qualify for your needs. Currently I am learning java programming and doing a little bit of C along the way. I need to start some programming projects such as this to gain experience and to beef up my resume. Please reply with any questions you may have about me or additional details you may need. Thank you.
    Sorry for the late reply.

Could you give me some sort of description or CV?

What sort of programming experience do you have?

The No Sanctuary project like many other game projects is fairly large, so writing clean code is important. Can you do this?

Project experience? How has working with others worked out for you in the past?

Have you worked with other programmers on projects before?

etc.

Also, feel free to tell us a bit about yourself, what kind of games you play, hobbies, or whatever you feel like.
  7. No Profile Picture

Before I tell you about myself which I am more than willing to do, is there anyway we can use personal emails to contact each other?
    Thanks.
  9. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by naspri4
    Before I tell you about myself which I am more than willing to do, is there anyway we can use personal emails to contact each other?
    Thanks.
    According to the forum rules you need to make 30 posts and have a 30 days old account to be able to post emails, so I put a few spaces in the email to avoid the filter (I hope you moderators don't mind)
    My email is:
    redmattis @ gmail .com
  11. No Profile Picture

Update on the project:

We're specifically seeking someone who wants the role of Lead Programmer.

If you are seeking this position you first and foremost must have the time available to organise other programmers. Leadership traits are of course also key, along with sufficient programming skill.
  13. No Profile Picture

Update on the project. We're no longer looking for a lead programmer. We're still looking for programmers for other positions.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo