1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Groovy scalable server framework

Hey people.
    I need somebody competent in Groovy or Java.
    Preferably Groovy as this project is written purely in it.
    The project is a scalable server framework.

Knowledge in YAML and maven would also a big plus.
    Encryption and byte level data manipulation would be a great help but not required.

Experience with Hibernate or OpenJPA also very preferable as its a key part.

Thanks, hope we can make this scalable project large!
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Hello rikki_max.

Could you give us some details about the framework you are talking about? What's it's name? What does it do? In what state is it (pre-alpha, alpha, beta, production)? Who are currently working on it? Who are using it? And so on.
  5. No Profile Picture

GSS, Game Server System.
    Currently I am the only only active developer.
    The other person who is helping is having health problems preventing able to work on it but helped design it.

Its job is to provide a framework which is broken down into nodes which have specific jobs. Be it communication with clients to processing of data from the database server.

Its currently in early stages of development and is not ready to be implemented as one of the nodes has not been written yet. How ever it is close to being able to.

The idea is that every node is scalable providing a service that can handle a lot of users.

It is not limited to games how ever.
    Originally Posted by joop bananenbui
    Hello rikki_max.

Could you give us some details about the framework you are talking about? What's it's name? What does it do? In what state is it (pre-alpha, alpha, beta, production)? Who are currently working on it? Who are using it? And so on.
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Hmm, i see. Could you maybe tell us what kind of games could potentially make use of GSS for their server? MMO's? Shooters? Web games? All of them?
    When you use the word "scalable" do you mean scalable over multiple cpu's/cores (within 1 server) or scalable over multiple servers?
    Onder wich licence will the software be distributed?
    Is your first name "Arnout" or "Edwin"?
  9. No Profile Picture

My first name is rikki. So I am afraid not.
    Effectively it can be used for any that require a good back end for e.g. processing.
    How ever it probably wouldn't be used for games that are e.g. implemented in flash that communicate with a web server.
    It is scalable over multiple servers.
    Threading is used for communications with clients and eventing (aka plugins).
    It is currently under the BSD 3-clause license how ever this could change under requirement.

Originally Posted by joop bananenbui
    Hmm, i see. Could you maybe tell us what kind of games could potentially make use of GSS for their server? MMO's? Shooters? Web games? All of them?
    When you use the word "scalable" do you mean scalable over multiple cpu's/cores (within 1 server) or scalable over multiple servers?
    Onder wich licence will the software be distributed?
    Is your first name "Arnout" or "Edwin"?

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo