January 14th, 2013, 05:37 PM
Need Help Developing a Fantasy Sports Website
I am working with some friends on a little side project/startup that involves developing a fantasy sports website that has a really fun twist that will set it apart from the more traditional fantasy games. (this is not going to be a gambling site).
We love the idea behind it, but the problem is, nobody involved has a lick of web development experience, or knows anybody that does. So we were hoping to get a freelancer to complete the work within our budget. I've been looking at sites like Freelancer.com, but I honestly don't know what kind of programming expertise we need to be looking for in a freelancer. I was told that this forum site has a great community of people that like to help newbs. So Maybe a friendly Samaritan here might be able to lead me in the right direction!
This is what we need them to design, If you have played fantasy sports before, then you already know what we require)
Here are the basics of what we need designed:
1. This site needs to be built to support hundreds of different leagues, and perhaps thousands of players playing at once.
2. Players will be given logins, and so a registration page will be needed.
3. We will need to setup a payment system to pay the league fees after the player registers. (paypal, etc)
4. They will need to develop a database and distribution system that can receive the stats in the required format from the stat company we choose.
5.There will need to be some sort of database that can be updated via stat company that stores NFL/MLB player's profile pages, and a proper search utility owners can use to look-up fantasy players and their stats.
6. There will be a forum page for discussion and help.
7. There will be a "live fantasy stat" page where league members can view an ongoing fantasy match up as the stats are coming in.
8. There will be a "live draft page" where fantasy owners can draft their players on the site at the beginning of the year.
9. And finally, we would like somebody who has has experience playing and programming pc games.
So based on this bare-bones description, perhaps some one can tell me what kind of expertise a web designer would need to work on a project like this.
*Perhaps you know somebody yourself that might be able to handle a project like this. Please let me know.
Thanks for taking a look!!
January 31st, 2013, 03:29 PM
You would need multiple web developers if you want the project done faster (a project this size, maybe around 3 or 4 developers), but if you want just 1 developer then you would need to find one that has amazing skill in the following:
ANY server-side language
Time management skills
Those a required for any web developer on any project, but if you only want one person to be working on this, I would suggest looking for a guru in all of the above; freelance is the best place, but you would need to find someone whom will work hard, fast, and for a respectable price.
February 9th, 2013, 08:42 PM
Yeah I have a question for BKoller why did you ask me for my idea and then basically leave the conversation on Facebook and disable me from contacting you... Well good day man there is still a chance for you to man up.
Originally Posted by BKoller
April 14th, 2013, 01:33 PM
Reg website requirement
I am Rinkesh Shah, the Marketing Manager of Roars Technologies. Roars Technologies is a combination of very well experienced Web/Mobile developers, expert Quality Assurer trained in the complex atmosphere of IT industry and with a strong reputation for reliability & security.
Company possess 8 years of experience in HTML5/CSS, Photoshop, ASP.Net, PHP/Mysql, Xcode, Android, Digital Marketing.
[For company details and portfolio please visit roarsinc (dot) c. O. M ]
We would love to hear from you and an opportunity to work with your company.
Roars Technologies Pvt. Ltd - Lionizing Your IDEAS