1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

[Help Wanted | Paid] Game Programmer Needed

Our fledgling group, Sus Games, is seeking a programmer well-versed in game creation with a 3D engine. Our current pick is Leadwerks Engine, though we would be glad to review other engine suggestions, if you have any.
    C++ or C# expertise is primarily what we are seeking for this game.

Currently we are trying to break out of the design phase and into the actual development phase, but we cannot do this without a skilled programmer at the helm.

To break it down, we are looking for someone who can not only create a first-person game with an existing engine, but can also create algorithms for procedural city generation utilizing pre-made building and miscellaneous city models.
    Experience or knowledge in writing game netcode is a definite plus.

Without giving away too much, the game itself is an as-yet untitled survival-horror city escape game, set in the first person. Again, please contact us if you'd like to know more.

The game is to be released under Mojang's tried-and-true release model, to be put on the market as soon as we have a rudimentary and playable alpha. It is initially to be marketed for $5, though that price will increase as development progresses. From there, community feedback will be considered alongside the design document, and development can proceed further.

Compensation is an even cut of all profits generated by said game. None of us will profit from the game until you do.

While compensation is more long-term and cannot be entirely guaranteed, we believe that a quality product like the one we hope to make will invariably attract buyers. If you're a freelance programmer who is willing to take a chance, we'll be glad to have you on board!
  3. No Profile Picture

Hey you didn't provide any contact information. I am interested in helping you guys with the project. This would be mainly something I would like to do as a more learning experience.

I have worked with C++/C# for the last 4 years. I have some experience using OpenGL and some XNA, but being fresh out of school im still trying to learn a wide array of new things.

I think you have to have a certain number of posts to actually give out emails, but we could talk over Skype if your interested.
  5. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by Redbaron67
    Hey you didn't provide any contact information. I am interested in helping you guys with the project. This would be mainly something I would like to do as a more learning experience.

I have worked with C++/C# for the last 4 years. I have some experience using OpenGL and some XNA, but being fresh out of school im still trying to learn a wide array of new things.

I think you have to have a certain number of posts to actually give out emails, but we could talk over Skype if your interested.
    Wow, what a PITA. That's quite a hindrance to recruiting developers, isn't it?
    Doesn't matter if I have disciplinary action taken against me, I'm not a spam bot, so I'll take my chances.
    Due to our spotty contact availability at the current moment, the best way to contact us is SusGameStudios at gmail dot com

Mods reading this: I'm sorry, but I do not have spare time to create a bunch of filler posts elsewhere on the forum. This project of mine takes up whatever little free time I have, and I'd rather spend that limited time recruiting a team than posting nonsense just to attain a certain post count. Giving them this info is the only feasible way to do it, since PMs are also disallowed. Thank you.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo