1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Arrow Ironbane, an open source 3D action MMO is looking for passionate programmers!

Ironbane is an open source action MMO played straight from your browser, using 3D graphics and a retro graphics style.

The game focus on simple gameplay without leveling, fast combat using swords, axes, daggers, bows and magic staves and intense Player vs Player combat. Our intention is to create a vast alive world where players can interact with each other. The main objective of the game is to defeat Ironbane, a dragon hiding in a castle waiting for a challenger. Future updates will include the ability to buy houses, participate in player arenas, do quests, make use of transports such as hot air balloons, boats and trains and many other things that we are still thinking of.

Screenshot
    Not allowed by vBulletin

We are looking for motivated Programmers!

What's the code like?

Ironbane runs on pure Javascript, on both client and server. Javascript is arguably an easy language to work with, and it allows you to program more productively with easy debugging and no need to recompile (atleast on the client).

What am I allowed to work on?

Anything you like! You can work on the game code, the 3D renderer, boss scripts, forum software, ... You must work on whatever you want to work on, to keep yourself motivated. You basically have the power to change anything you like.

All the source code is waiting for you on GitHub (Nothing is needed to play)

How do I contribute?

By making pull requests on the repository you're working on! It's that simple. Make a pull request and one of the lead developers will check it out and give you feedback. If the code looks fine, it will be pushed live to Ironbane.com instantly. In the meantime, you earn reputation!

Start by reading the Getting started pages on the GitHub repository. If you need help, feel free to make an issue there or on our forums.

Link to the game

You can try Ironbane yourself on ironbane.com (Nothing is needed to play)
  3. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

i have 1 question.
    can your 3d rendering engine take models like: FBX, max, OBJ, and so on. If so
    i can make you some low-poly models if needed... UV mapped ofc.

I use 3ds max.

yes, for free ofc. please pm me with the reply.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo