1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Post Lead Programmer Needed for 2D Beat Em Up Video Game

Project Name: Calamity Clash
    Company: Rival Games Studios
    Projected Platforms: Steam (PC) and Ouya
    Position Needed: Lead Programmer
    Compensation: Paid

We are in need of a Lead Programmer to work on our first title, Calamity Clash, a 2D beat em up game in the style of Double Dragon/Castle Crashers/etc. The game is targeted for Steam and Ouya, with Steam being the primary platform. Programmer should be proficient with C++ or C#, whichever language you feel is best for the targeted platforms.

We are open to the Lead Programmer's suggestions on which engine to use, what language, and other aspects of the technical side of developing the game.

As for payment, I am currently open to hearing proposed offers of price for your services to the project. Position is contractor-based and is negotiable, along with distribution of funds for your work (% up front and end of work, milestones, etc).

The team consists of myself (writer, designer, etc), my co-founder (business/corp end of things), 1 concept/animated custscenes artist, 1 character pixel artist, 1 basic programmer (that will assist Lead Programmer and take many of the smaller tasks off your shoulders), and 1 music composer. We are also in talks with a environment artist, and also voice talents for the cutscenes.

If you are interested, please send me an email to: contact [at] apstephens [dot] com

I can provide you with concept art and further details about the game and answer any questions you might have. I thank you for your time and hope to hear from some of you soon.

About CALAMITY CLASH:
    A 2D beat em up in the style of Double Dragon/Final Fight/Castle Crashers, etc with some new elements to give it its own unique feel. Character sprites and environments in the style of King of Fighters. 4 playable characters, 4 player online co-op, over 40 levels of play, boss battles, unique features to give game replayability, other game mode types, etc.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Hi Stephens! Can this be done remotely? If so, I'll be glad to render you our services.
    Would you mind letting me know of the detailed specs of this project over email.

Kindly email me at cedz.reyes (AT) gmail (DOT) com to discuss further.
  5. No Profile Picture

It can be done anywhere. Doesn't have to be in the same city where I am.
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by APStephens
    It can be done anywhere. Doesn't have to be in the same city where I am.
    Hello Stephens! Please send me further details on the email that I posted on the thread so we can evaluate.

Thanks!

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo