1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Post Looking for business partner/web developer! (for a social platform)

Hey guys. My name is Jimmy. I'm a tech geek and have a passion for technology. For the past 6 months I've been thinking and nourishing an idea for a social platform. Within this time frame I've been nourishing this idea and perfecting it. As of now, no other social platform offers the ideas and features I have thought of and I feel that I need to take a leap of faith and pursue this idea that I have. While I consider myself a computer geek I lack the "hardcore" programming skills and expertise to program and design a website of this caliber. I'm currently getting into the basics of HTML and CSS but I feel like it would be years before I could do a project of this size by myself. I need a business partner and a web developer willing to take a leap of faith with me and assist me in this project. I'll sign a partnership agreement and give a stake of ownership of the website.

I'm not going to spill my whole idea out on this webstie. If you'd like to know more contact me.

Overview.
    Within the past 10 years or so social networking has come on the interent scene and blown everyone into a world where everyone is connected and able to talk with one another. Cool. What I have thought of is the next generation of social networking. Where do we go from here? What is next? What would you like to be able to do with a social network 10 years from now? It's not about connecting with old friends, its about finding new ones and having quality experiences with them. To know more email me.

If you'd like to know more about my idea or are interested you can shoot me an email or PM.

Check me out at about.me/jimmyasmith

- Jimmy
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Hello Jimmy.

I know i am going to sound a bit blunt, but i feel many others here have the same question: What will your job be in this venture?
    I understand that you're not a software engineer, or a (web) designer, so in wich way will you add value?
  5. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by joop bananenbui
    Hello Jimmy.

I know i am going to sound a bit blunt, but i feel many others here have the same question: What will your job be in this venture?
    I understand that you're not a software engineer, or a (web) designer, so in wich way will you add value?
    My job would be learning and handling the business side of things, as well as funding. I'm willing to get a hold of copyrights, trademarks, and other legal documents as well as purchasing inexpensive servers.

I would handle the hardware and business side. My partner(s) would handle the coding and software side.
  7. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by RegalPrince
    My job would be learning and handling the business side of things, as well as funding. I'm willing to get a hold of copyrights, trademarks, and other legal documents as well as purchasing inexpensive servers.

I would handle the hardware and business side. My partner(s) would handle the coding and software side.
    If your idea is good enough then that's all you need to bring (I'm talking 'twitter caliber'). People will offer services for free, offer to fly you to foreign countries, and pay you money to come up with more. Otherwise people would do it themselves (the million dollar idea of course). Innovators are the spark that starts the engine period.
  9. No Profile Picture

Hey,

I've noticed there's been a few people looking for partners to work on a new innovative idea for a website. I'd be interested in working with you on the conceptual side of things. I'm not a tech person either like yourself, but I'm definitely available to work hard on building on our concepts and progressing the site forward.

Let me know what you think!
    Justin

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo