1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

OSS developers wanted for Python scientific data analysis (PyQt, numpy, scipy)

Hello all

I'm currently studying a PhD in bioinformatics, and as part of that have put together a "-omics" data analysis package named Pathomx. It allows workflow-based visual analysis of big datasets, with a focus on biological entities. The software is modular, plugin-based and architecturally quite sane which should make contributing relatively easy.

It would be great to hear from any Python developers out there with skills ranging from scripting (particularly involving scipy, numpy) up to GUI development using PyQt/Qt who would like to get involved in a fun and worthwhile project.

The goal is to produce a free, user-friendly yet powerful tool for the analysis of scientific data.

I'm unfortunately not able to post links here, but if you search Google for "Pathomx" it should be right there at the top. The source code is on Github under the same name. All licensed GPLv3.

Thoughts & comments much appreciated,

Martin Fitzpatrick
  3. No Profile Picture

I can help with this. I know Python quite well, Qt OK and am a beginner with SciPy and NumPy. Basically I am an experienced scientific programmer and looking for something I can use SciPy and NumPy with. I don't know anything about biology.

The system would not let me send a private message for some reason. I look forward to hearing from you. If you are able to send private messages go ahead and send your e-mail or else you can contact me on SourceForge under the same name.
  5. No Profile Picture

Thumbs up

Thanks Tacobake, sounds great - I can't send private messages on here either, but I've found you on SF. Will drop you a note in a moment.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo