1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Exclamation Partnership needed for promissing web Project

Hey folks,

Musictopus need a PHP developer with a lot of free time and dedication to be a part of a great, great project, never done before on international level.

If you know how to make your way through PHP and have will to work as a team with highly capable marketing professionals, please read the message above.

We have started a project that will be really useful for a lot of users around the world, but to put it into practice we currently need a PHP developer with enough free time to dedicate for this project as his priority.
    Details won't be revealed at Facebook but in advance, we can say that we prefer someone who have some experience in home studios business of any kind, even some knoweledge of home recording and sound editing programs will be strongly valued though it's not an eliminatory factor.
    It's a project of international level that we strongly believe it's never been done and will require a lot of work and dedication from all the people involved.

What we offer:
    In the future, the project will turn out to be a really strong and concrete portfolio for all the people involved in both the design and development of the project. Like I said before, it will be known internationally and translated to at least 4 languages other than english.
    At the start, Portuguese (BR and PT) and English will be the two main website languages.

Initially, no remuneration is offered, but only initially, and there will be no need for investing by the one who's chosen to be part of the project. Anyone who chose to be part of this project wont need to put any money on it. We only need work and dedication.

If you are interested, please be in touch as soon as possible, only one person will be chosen.

Personal ideas will be valued as well, the developer who chooses to be with us will be an active part of the project.

You can contact us at "webmaster at musictopus dot com" in either English or Portuguese.
    Candidates confidentiallity will be respected. No candidates information will be given or sold.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Interesting post, i have a couple of questions though:
    - You seem to put a lot of stress on the fact that you already have a team in place for this project, but concrete information on the team seems to be missing a bit from your post. Could you maybe do a quick rundown of your team members and their roles in this project? Since you also emphasise quite a bit on the international nature of this job, maybe add their nationality?
    - Is knowledge of the Portugese language a requirement for this job?
    - When you say "If you know how to make your way through PHP and have will to work as a team with highly capable marketing professionals, please read the message above." , what message above are you referring to?
    - Is this a fulltime project, or are weekend warriors welcome too?
  5. No Profile Picture

Hey Joop. First of all, I appreciate your interest. Your answers can be found below.
    Feel free to contact-me at my personal e-mail (rob.cyrino at gmail dot com) or the Musictopus one (webmaster at musictopus dot com).
    You can also add me at WLM,(roberto.cyrino at hotmail dot com)
    I'm available most part of the day, most days.
    Please let me know if you have any more doubts.

Originally Posted by joop bananenbui
    Interesting post, i have a couple of questions though:
    - You seem to put a lot of stress on the fact that you already have a team in place for this project, but concrete information on the team seems to be missing a bit from your post. Could you maybe do a quick rundown of your team members and their roles in this project? Since you also emphasise quite a bit on the international nature of this job, maybe add their nationality?
    A: We currently have a 4 people team. That is not the number of associates of the project for that is still under discussion. I'm Brazilian and currently live in Lisbon, Portugal. I'm a web designer/developer, amateur musician and marketing consultant.
    We have a highly qualified designer (he works mostly as a designer and you can see some of his work at Devianart (I posted the link but because my account is new the forum removed the link). He is also a musician, therefore have strong interest in developing Musictopus with us.
    We also have a graduated PR (public relations) volunteer that is willing to help us with the media approach of the project and also help us make decisions before taking public actions. She doesn't have a website for the fact that she only worked at marketing agencies as an employee.
    And last but not least, I have a permanent associate who also works with development and web design, and is also occasionally a marketing consultant for small and medium sized business.

- Is knowledge of the Portugese language a requirement for this job?
    A: Not at all. Even if you have to talk to someone else of the team other than me, you can talk in english. That's not a problem at all.
    - When you say "If you know how to make your way through PHP and have will to work as a team with highly capable marketing professionals, please read the message above." , what message above are you referring to?
    A: That was just my mistake. I have written this message to many potencial partners to send by e-mail and for other forums of which sometimes had other format where the message was actually above and not below that observation.
    - Is this a fulltime project, or are weekend warriors welcome too?
    A: Since it is a partnership offer and not a job offer, we will not require it to be a full time work. We need someone we can rely, that have at least 1 or 2 hours a day to work a little on the development. Developing Musictopus should be a walk in the park, because we will do a lot of the work as a team, not individually. The website structure is actually really simple, but is applied to an innovating idea. The main reason we need a PHP developer is because we are concerned about the safety of our users, for which we are not qualified to handle by ourselves. If we succeed with this project, you will have an income, of course, if you decide to stay with us after the website is online, for the maintenance and updating of the scripts and pages of the website. Before that we will need to monetize the website and as you probably know, that takes some time.
    Everyone involved in the project is willing to make it work and even if we don't succeed, I'm absolutely positive that this is a great opportunity to have yourself presented to an excelent team that will be available for your future projects. With patience, open minds and focus on our goals I believe Musictopus can get to be known world wide by amateur and professional musicians.
    If you want to be a part, please contact me at any time.
  7. No Profile Picture

[I Need Help!!] Recruiting for Navi-X Media Browser

Hello World,

I'm looking to solicit web language developers to contribute their time and effort into a worthwhile project that benefits many people... it's called Navi-X.

As re-posted on our site, Navi-X is a "content aggregator" that provides access to all kinds of multimedia content, listed on a public directory of user contributed listings or playlists for playing on your TV or PC! Users can link to content and playback video, audio, pictures, podcasts, text, rss and html on the internet and share it with people around the world in seconds! Create fully customizable playlists with backgrounds, logos and icons as well as link to your favorite multimedia on the internet or browse the already existing directory of publicly available content, in one sleek, fast and unified application! Navi-X is a multi-platform addon for XBMC and Boxee, popular and free media center applications available on Windows, Mac, Linux, Apple TV and the original Xbox (modified). We also are always looking to put a flavor of Navi-X on any platform we possibly can.

We are also on all jailbroken iPad, iPhone 4 and Apple TVs via XBMC. Someone has made a port of Navi-X to Androids and it's also coming soon GoogleTV. We are also already on Boxee Box's.

We are badly in need of people willing to contribute their time and effort to help us maintain one of the coolest streaming content apps on the internet today. We have an API that relies on PHP, Perl and ASP coders in order to make it so multimedia content of all kinds on the internet is aggregated universally from our open-source community and project. Visit Navi-Xtreme via google to get the docs.

Essentially, our API is called the Navi-X Instructional Processor Language or NIPL for short. Processors and scrapers are written for our API and these scripts provide media playback parameters for a single media entry, normally starting with only the URL of the web page which contains the item. In other words, if a web page has a flash player embedded in it, the processor teaches Navi-X how to emulate that site's flash player to get the media in the page to play in XBMC.

In order to create a processor, the following skills are required to work on "processors" for the project:

- The ability to manually figure out final media URLs and other parameters by hand from the site you're trying to create a processor for

- Writing and understanding regular expressions

- Programming in a “web language” - PHP, Perl, ASP, etc (Not necessary for most processors)

Scrapers are written to simply aggregate a heirarchical tree of data of only multimedia media clips and files from a particular website. The data is then displayed back as a Navi-X compatible playlist.

We are looking for people who can do one, the other or both.

Right now we are having major issues because alot of site administrators recently made changes on their websites and as such have broken accessibility to most of our content.

If anyone is willing to dedicate their time and effort into a truly interesting project, please download a copy of XBMC or Boxee today and check out our app. With what does work, you will certainly get an excellent idea of what our app does and maybe find it in your heart to help the only true open-source public directory of media links available!

Thanks for your consideration

Link
    www dot navi-x dot org

Bill Daly
    a.k.a. iRoNBiLL
    Project Coordinator
    Team Navi-X

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo