April 23rd, 2002, 12:35 PM
php personalized form
I'm looking for advice or assistance for the following project:
I have several regular clients who need to fill out a form on my website to schedule recurring appointments. I want this form to be "personalized" for each of them with their contact information already entered. Here would be the steps:
1) client goes to the appointment scheduling web page
2) if it's their first visit, the would register by choosing a username and password (or just a password) and they would fill out a form, entering their name, address, phone number and other standard contact info.
3) this data would be written to a MySQL database
4) immediately after registering they would be presented with a pre-filled out form, extracted from the database, and containing the info that they just entered, plus some empty form fields which they can enter specific info such as time, date, location of the appointment (this info would be different each time, and would not be part of the original registration info entered)
5) this form would then be emailed to me upon completion.
6) on return visits, the client would enter their username and password (or just password) and would be presented with the pre-filled out, personalized form for another appointment scheduling, eliminating the need for them to fill out the same form fields each time.
I hope that the above makes sense, please email me if it doesn't and I can further explain or provide sample html pages which show the forms.
I'm running linux with php 4.1.2-2 and MySQL 3.23.37-1 (cobalt RAQ4) and I've succesfully installed php/mysql applications such as post nuke and others, so the server and software is setup and ready to go.
I've seen scripts at hotscripts.com which will accomplish different parts of this process, but I need to tie it all together into one application.
thank you for any advice or assistance that you can provide. I would love to install this myself if there's a set of scripts out there that will do this, but I'm happy to pay for this if the code needs to be written or hacked together from other open source scripts.
ps. it would be nice if cookie support were built in so that the returning visitor would not even have to enter their username and password if cookies were enabled in their browser. not necessary, but would be nice.
Last edited by kevspar; April 23rd, 2002 at 12:50 PM.
April 25th, 2002, 08:00 AM
what would be your budget for such a project?
is it only the backend you need or would you also need an interface designed?
April 26th, 2002, 10:42 PM
good luck in your search... you will definitely find appropriate help in this forum
coincidentally, i'm working on a similar project. let me know how things pan out
thanks for the advice and assistance
One of the forum users took care of this project for me. I appreciate the advice and offers of help that I received.