1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Smile [Python] Minecraft Control Panel project (commercial when finished)

Hello there!

As you can probably tell by the title I'm looking to partner up with someone to make a Minecraft Control Panel.
    If you don't know what Minecraft is, it's a sandbox game written in Java (minecraft (dot) net)

I'm a web developer with very good knowledge of PHP, HTML, CSS, MySQL and JavaScript (a bit).

Since I would be doing the website part of the control panel (in Laravel, a PHP framework) I will need someone to code the software that controls a/the Minecraft server(s).
    The way it works is that you have a Linux server on which Java instances (the Minecraft server software) are spawned.
    Now the control panel would allow the user to interact with a web interface so they can Start/stop/restart their server, as well as have access to other features like backups, player list, console viewing and command sending.

The way I think would work best is to have an HTTP listener that waits for commands from the web interface, and interacts with the Java processes. (I know, it sounds a lot easier than it is. But I'd be happy to discuss this further)

Eventually once the product is finished, I would love to make it a public and commercial thing WITH you, selling the product to Minecraft hosts as a lot of new hosts are appearing.
    Now there are already a few big panels out there, such as Multicraft, SpaceBukkit, McMyAdmin and CraftSRV (beta).

SpaceBukkit and McMyAdmin are not easy to use for mass-deployment (which is what a host would need) so I'm confident it will be possible to create a new product that allows easy mass-deployment with features others panel do not offer, especially if this product will be cheaper than Multicraft (around $0.55-$0.75 per Minecraft server).

If you're interested, please add me on Skype: refluxltd

Thanks in advance!

~ Jeffrey
  3. No Profile Picture

80 views and no reply? Still looking.
  5. No Profile Picture

Hey, i'm interested but need more details;
    what functions you would want in the control panel and what language(and why) shoot me a pm or email at bhearps@gmail.com
    Originally Posted by Artaex
    Hello there!

As you can probably tell by the title I'm looking to partner up with someone to make a Minecraft Control Panel.
    If you don't know what Minecraft is, it's a sandbox game written in Java (minecraft (dot) net)

I'm a web developer with very good knowledge of PHP, HTML, CSS, MySQL and JavaScript (a bit).

Since I would be doing the website part of the control panel (in Laravel, a PHP framework) I will need someone to code the software that controls a/the Minecraft server(s).
    The way it works is that you have a Linux server on which Java instances (the Minecraft server software) are spawned.
    Now the control panel would allow the user to interact with a web interface so they can Start/stop/restart their server, as well as have access to other features like backups, player list, console viewing and command sending.

The way I think would work best is to have an HTTP listener that waits for commands from the web interface, and interacts with the Java processes. (I know, it sounds a lot easier than it is. But I'd be happy to discuss this further)

Eventually once the product is finished, I would love to make it a public and commercial thing WITH you, selling the product to Minecraft hosts as a lot of new hosts are appearing.
    Now there are already a few big panels out there, such as Multicraft, SpaceBukkit, McMyAdmin and CraftSRV (beta).

SpaceBukkit and McMyAdmin are not easy to use for mass-deployment (which is what a host would need) so I'm confident it will be possible to create a new product that allows easy mass-deployment with features others panel do not offer, especially if this product will be cheaper than Multicraft (around $0.55-$0.75 per Minecraft server).

If you're interested, please add me on Skype: refluxltd

Thanks in advance!

~ Jeffrey

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo