1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

setting up sms portal

Hi

In the first instance im looking for adviceand pointer as i am totally uninformed on the matter

Basically i send loads of SMS messages to a list of people (who have asked to reminded) of various community events etc

Now i have had enough of sending them via my phone or trying to hack a free sms site

i just want to know what will be involved in me setting up my own portal interms of:

hardware needed

software needed or could i develop it

cost

runnign costs

i am not sure how many people know how to do this , just trying to get a few ideas

Waseem
    Last edited by walshs; February 20th, 2002 at 03:36 AM.
    World Cup Football (Soccer) Forums
    http://www.todayinsoccer.com
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed God 1st Plane (5500 - 5999 posts)

ask your cellular provider for a dialup number where you can send SMS with your PC.

there is a standard protocol that can be easily implemented in any programming language for sending sms. (sorry, cannot remember name or anything)

if it is really many sms, you should write a letter and not call by phone and ask for this specifically. do it as professional as possible (do you have your own company? then ask for b2b service...)

the hardware is: Modem or ISDN card (maybe even LAN connection today - my info is quite some years old)

i cannot tell you about costs since in your country this could be completely different from here.
    in germany you can send (single) sms (without getting them cheaper for taking them in 1000īs) for 7ct to 20ct depending on the network you send them TO.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo