1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

A Simple Project for Someone

Hi.

I know this is dead simple for most of you, and probably any web savvy 10 year old, but it is a whole different language to me.

I would like someone to set this up for me, or at least give me the codes that will do it. Once I find someone to work with I will fill in more of the details.

I want to have a user submit a form which inputs their data into a mysql database and then ?>php echo.... that data on the website.

For example:

Bob wants to use my website, so Bob fills out a form to submit his info and pays his user fee. He now has a user url www.site.com/page.php?user=Bob (or something like it)

Since on the form Bob filled out his Email, FirstName, Lastname, etc. etc. a few months ago, that data is now stored and available for use.

It is actually just one website but when the datastring is "?user=bob", Bob's info is displayed using php code to display $firstname $lastname $userEmail $user and ... $shoesize (LOL).

Sue, George, Mary, and Todd all want to use the website so they all submit their info in to the form which adds their info to the database.

When the datastring is ?user=todd. Todd's info is displayed on the website.
    When the datastring is ?user=mary. Mary's info is displayed on the website.
    When the datastring is ?user=sue. Sue's info is displayed on the website. etc. etc.

So far it seams quite easy.

Next:

A form needs to do multiple things, which can be done with multiple sets of :
    <?php
    $msg = "Blah, blah";
    $msg .= "blah, blah";
    $recipient = "Blah";
    $subject = "Blah";
    mail($recipient, $subject, $msg, $mailheaders);
    ?>
    <?php
    $msg = "Blah, blah";
    $msg .= "blah, blah";
    $recipient = "different Blah";
    $subject = "Blah";
    mail($recipient, $subject, $msg, $mailheaders);
    ?>

AND it would also need to fill out a second form and automaticly submit it. Populating the form is easy with code like:
    <input type="hidden" name="firstname" value="<?php echo $firstname;?>">

But can the now populated form be automaticly submitted? As long as a form can automaticly be submitted, this seams to be very easy.

The script I am looking at buying will create and set up the mysql database. It is a autoresponder script where I can set up any number of custom fields.

So there you have it. Anyone willing to give me a hand to get this up and running? Name your price and your terms. Of course you will need more information before you can give any price.

Anyone interested in setting up this project?

Please email da_har@hotmail.com.

Thank You
    Tom
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I'd be willing to help you out with this.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Web Developer

Please send the detail information for the project to webmaster@iared.com.

I will be happy to work with you.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo