Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Lightbulb A Super Mini App

Well. I need a willing genius to create a super easy and small COPY|PASTE program. The idea is to have 2 buttons. One Copy.One Paste...on a mini toolbar. It would always be "on Top" so you could select text...hit the copy button...then goto Wordpad...hit the paste button and the text is entered. It seems easy enough. I have a bad back so I sit back in my chair and have no access to the keyboard. Well, if anyone is savvy enough, I am willing to trade. For something. Please let me know, and I look forward to any help in the right direction. I have yet to find such a simple program. If anyone knows of one, I would be appreciative. Thanks! PS...I use Windows XP.
  3. Wiking
    Devshed Expert (3500 - 3999 posts)

Heh, if you were using Linux, you would already have that support built in by using GPM...
    But there are programable mice out there, and the use of the right mouse button to copy and paste works most of the time, doesn't it?

//NoXcuz
    UN*X is sexy!
    who | grep -i blonde | date; cd ~; unzip; touch; strip; finger; mount; gasp; yes; uptime; umount; sleep
  5. No Profile Picture
    YaBN (Yet another BSD Newbie)

Wouldn't it be easier to just highlight the text, then right click on it and hit copy?
    -MattWil
  7. Contributing User
    Devshed Frequenter (2500 - 2999 posts)

~ Joe Penn
  9. Contributing User

Originally posted by MattWil
    Wouldn't it be easier to just highlight the text, then right click on it and hit copy?
    then go WordPad, right click on page and hit paste.
  11. No Profile Picture

Ok folks...I don't want to Right click...or have to hit ctr.c ctr. v. I want 2 buttons. One copy one paste. No one seems to be able to do it. I get the same advice, just no app. If it cannot be done, I want to know. If someone can do it, I would be super happy. I want to be able to select the 32X32 icon to be the copy|paste buttons. It will be customizable. Thanks!
  13. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Here is the code you are looking for I hope it helps.

http://www.js-examples.com/example/?...&COLOR_OFF=YES

Good Luck,

Scott
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Scott B. Pier
    ScottBP@amalla.com
    http://www.amalla.com
  15. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed God 1st Plane (5500 - 5999 posts)

you want it to work general so you can use it eg. on a infrared remote control?

for programmers:
    send WM_COPY,0,0 to the one control, WM_PASTE,0,0 to the other, its not that hard, no?
    HWND GetTopWindow(HWND parent) should retrieve the active windows id for the sendmessage command.

freelight: do you want source code? delphi or c++? or only a compiled program?
  17. No Profile Picture

Hi. I have no coding talent. All I am looking for is a small, completed application to run on Win XP. M.Hirsch a.k.a. Code Wizard-You seem to know what I want. Is it possible to get it in an .exe file? It would really help. I have developed signs of RSDS from using my mouse. This app would really be a hand saver. Plus, I think it is a great idea and is convenient. Thanks...I really do appreciate it. If I can trade you for a working app, I would love to do so. Let me know.

freelight
  19. No Profile Picture
    Apprentice Deity
    Devshed Loyal (3000 - 3499 posts)

Niagara Falls (On the wrong side of the gorge)
    I'd really suggest you check out some of the voice recognition software available. Dragon Naturally Speaking Pro V6 has some really great features...
  21. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

its a little harder than i thought first. pressing the button activates your app and then you cannot copy to the clipboard anymore since it would copy the button...

a command line tool instead? (call as "clphlp.exe copy" or "clphlp.exe paste")

how do you want to control the program? with a mouse? or do you need it as an utility for girder eg. (this is what i coded stuff like this for before...)

anyway, i need to go to bed and continue tomorrow.. see you then (i hope i can get here a little earlier...)
  23. No Profile Picture

Hi. I will be controling it with a mouse. One click copies the selected text in whatever(web site-word pad) and the paste copies the text to the selected program. It has to sit on top so that other programs do not hide it. Otherwise, the only other feature I would like is the ability to select a 32X32 pixel icon for each button. I really hope to hear from you. I totally appreciate your willingness to tackle this problem. It sounds like you are the guy who can get it done. After months of searching the net.

Thanks again.
  25. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

M.Hirsch,

Seems like you could use the EnumWindows API to find the window with the highest z-order which should give you the windows with focus other than the copy app.
  27. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Thanks for the hint, but EnumWindows(EX) always returns the same order of windows, no relation to the z-order. but z-order was the keyword i was after. I now use GetNextWindow() to get the window that had the focus before (i assume it is the one that is directly below mine)

get me another 10mins, ill post the program then (with source code for those who are interested...)

of course i take no liability or whatsoever, nor do i guarantee that it works at all and does not kill your system
  29. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

hmmm. still does not work...
    sorry, i start holidays tomorrow, ill be back in 10 days. till then i cant go on with this. ill post what i have sofar, maybe someone else can continue...

- WM_COPY and WM_PASTE need to be sent to EDIT controls only.
    Code:
    wnd=GetNextWindowID();
    SetForegroundWindow(wnd);
    AttachThreadInput(GetWindowThread(hwnd),GetWindowThread(wnd), true);
    .. how to find the active child window???
    cwnd=????
    SendMessage(cwnd, WM_COPY,0,0);
    AttachThreadInput(GetWindowThread(hwnd),GetWindowThread(wnd), false);
    SetForegroundWindow(hwnd);
    M.
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo