1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Lightbulb Need Web Developers

I have created a social network, But currently I am using third party software "Dolphin" to run it, I am looking for someone or a web development team to help pro bono with this project, I think I have a lot with this project to bring to the table this would be the first Social Networking project to ever come to surface on the internet of its kind, I do need a partnership, financially I can not afford to hire a team of web developers to create this project, I want this social network to have top of the line features, ofcourse affiliates and partners would fund the majority of revenues brought in, I don't know what the next step is to take except ask for pro bono/charity work until this site is successful and then talk numbers later on in the game, I have no doubt whatsoever this would be succesful, I have all kinds of great idea's, now I just need a team to help put it together, If anyone is interested in helping in this project and/or a partnership in exchange please contact me for more details so I can explain futher.. pm or email for details.

Email: wvguy86(at)gmail.com
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

There's already lots of social networks and there's really no need for another one to spread people across more social networks...but besides my opinion, this would probably get better attention in the Project Help Wanted forum.
  5. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by chrisjacob.us
    There's already lots of social networks and there's really no need for another one to spread people across more social networks...but besides my opinion, this would probably get better attention in the Project Help Wanted forum.
    theres not a social network of its category like this one, already receiving some recognition just need help
  7. Sarcky
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

you need venture capital. At least 10 million dollars for round one, probably more.

You then need to hire at least 4 developers, on-shore, who are very good at what they do.

You also need to explain to people why you think your social network is better than the 500 existing ones.

I worked at one of the largest social networks in the world for a couple years. We had 20 developers, all of whom were at the genius level. We had 80+ other staff for support, sales, advertising, etc. It's an enormous undertaking, with massive hardware and software costs. You can't just say "the newest features." The three largest networks in the world are doing face to face video chat, many of them with video games alongside. That took us 6 months with a team of a dozen guys.

I've also moved your thread to the appropriate forum.
    HEY! YOU! Read the New User Guide and Forum Rules

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -Benjamin Franklin

"The greatest tragedy of this changing society is that people who never knew what it was like before will simply assume that this is the way things are supposed to be." -2600 Magazine, Fall 2002

Think we're being rude? Maybe you asked a bad question or you're a Help Vampire. Trying to argue intelligently? Please read this.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo