1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Web Programmer Looking For Project

Hey all, I am actually a mechanical Engineer who likes to dabble in the unknown...

I have been programming for the web since I was 14ish and would consider myself very skilled at HTML/CSS/PHP/MySQL/javaScript.

I can provide links to websites/templates that I have designed as well as my javascript game portfolio, which includes javaScript renditions of TicTacToe, Tetris, Asteroids, Checkers, and Chess.

I want to bump up my game and work on programming something more complex. So if you have a project that could use me, hit me up.

Or if you are a graphic designer and want to join up with me as a team we could work on something together. Anyone interested in a browser based rendition of sim tower, or sim farm?

Caleb
  3. No Profile Picture

designer

Originally Posted by calebmkeller
    Hey all, I am actually a mechanical Engineer who likes to dabble in the unknown...

I have been programming for the web since I was 14ish and would consider myself very skilled at HTML/CSS/PHP/MySQL/javaScript.

I can provide links to websites/templates that I have designed as well as my javascript game portfolio, which includes javaScript renditions of TicTacToe, Tetris, Asteroids, Checkers, and Chess.

I want to bump up my game and work on programming something more complex. So if you have a project that could use me, hit me up.

Or if you are a graphic designer and want to join up with me as a team we could work on something together. Anyone interested in a browser based rendition of sim tower, or sim farm?

Caleb
    If you ever need a designer let me know. I'd love to see your portfolio.

--desaraev
  5. No Profile Picture

Caleb
    I could use a web programmer for my game, If you have skype add me "tjabas4".
  7. No Profile Picture

Caleb
    I could use a website design for sure! You can check my group and our game art on DeviantArt at ougaming. Or just google ougaming.
  9. No Profile Picture

Caleb
    well you certainly sound *ahem* qualified lol....I'd be down to try something, I've got an idea for a project I'm 'shopping' around shoot me a PM
  11. No Profile Picture

[I Need Help!!] Recruiting for Navi-X Media Browser

Hello World,

I'm looking to solicit web language developers to contribute their time and effort into a worthwhile project that benefits many people... it's called Navi-X.

As re-posted on our site, Navi-X is a "content aggregator" that provides access to all kinds of multimedia content, listed on a public directory of user contributed listings or playlists for playing on your TV or PC! Users can link to content and playback video, audio, pictures, podcasts, text, rss and html on the internet and share it with people around the world in seconds! Create fully customizable playlists with backgrounds, logos and icons as well as link to your favorite multimedia on the internet or browse the already existing directory of publicly available content, in one sleek, fast and unified application! Navi-X is a multi-platform addon for XBMC and Boxee, popular and free media center applications available on Windows, Mac, Linux, Apple TV and the original Xbox (modified). We also are always looking to put a flavor of Navi-X on any platform we possibly can.

We are also on all jailbroken iPad, iPhone 4 and Apple TVs via XBMC. Someone has made a port of Navi-X to Androids and it's also coming soon GoogleTV. We are also already on Boxee Box's.

We are badly in need of people willing to contribute their time and effort to help us maintain one of the coolest streaming content apps on the internet today. We have an API that relies on PHP, Perl and ASP coders in order to make it so multimedia content of all kinds on the internet is aggregated universally from our open-source community and project. Visit Navi-Xtreme via google to get the docs.

Essentially, our API is called the Navi-X Instructional Processor Language or NIPL for short. Processors and scrapers are written for our API and these scripts provide media playback parameters for a single media entry, normally starting with only the URL of the web page which contains the item. In other words, if a web page has a flash player embedded in it, the processor teaches Navi-X how to emulate that site's flash player to get the media in the page to play in XBMC.

In order to create a processor, the following skills are required to work on "processors" for the project:

- The ability to manually figure out final media URLs and other parameters by hand from the site you're trying to create a processor for

- Writing and understanding regular expressions

- Programming in a “web language” - PHP, Perl, ASP, etc (Not necessary for most processors)

Scrapers are written to simply aggregate a heirarchical tree of data of only multimedia media clips and files from a particular website. The data is then displayed back as a Navi-X compatible playlist.

We are looking for people who can do one, the other or both.

Right now we are having major issues because alot of site administrators recently made changes on their websites and as such have broken accessibility to most of our content.

If anyone is willing to dedicate their time and effort into a truly interesting project, please download a copy of XBMC or Boxee today and check out our app. With what does work, you will certainly get an excellent idea of what our app does and maybe find it in your heart to help the only true open-source public directory of media links available!

Thanks for your consideration

Link
    www dot navi-x dot org

Bill Daly
    a.k.a. iRoNBiLL
    Project Coordinator
    Team Navi-X

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo