1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Interested in wking on site w 500,000+ hits/mth as showcase?

I realize many of you are advanced in your knowledge and understanding of php and mysql. I do not intend to insult anyone with this post, so, please do not take it in a way it is not intended.

I am in the process of making some pretty sweeping changes on the Coastal Outdoors site. I have several ideas I am pursuing. I have recently added phpBB message boards and have been working this week (at night) installing phpShop. I toyed with phpNuke and PostNuke a few months ago. I also have some confidential projects in the works.

I am not much beyond novice-intermediate in my level of knowledge with respect to php and mysql. I would like the site to appear integrated with a fairly consistent theme. As important, I would like the user to only have to login once to post on the message boards, shop and utilize some other "member" only services.

The site currently allows everyone to view everything. Only registered users can post on the phpBB message boards. I would like there to be a consistent "group" permissions level throughout the site. I envision up to at least 4 group levels. These different levels of groups would have increasing additional viewing privileges AND would receive group discounts in the shop.

Financially, we are a very poor company, as in still losing money. If there are those of you who have an interest in working on what appears to me to be an exciting project AND would like the exposre, please let me know. We receive over 500,000 hits from over 10,000 unique visitors per month now. Our viewers are primarily self-employed business people or mid-upper level business managers.

I WILL be able to offer sub-contracting work for website design and maintenance from our growing list of customers. Essentially, your "compensation" would be the ability to showcase your work to potential business customers AND the sub-contract work for our customers. I know, not much up front, but, an honest query.

If you are interested in looking at what I have done so far, visit the site at http://www.coastaloutdoors.com BTW, the shop is not public, but, can be viewed at http://www.coastaloutdoors.com/shop/

Thank you for your time.

Joel
  3. No Profile Picture

Joel,

I checked out your site and it has got some issues! I have no idea what your theme is, what you are trying to do or anything! The front page is, no offence, very "old skool". It looks like it is from 1995.

However, as for your other concerns, I could possibly do something for you. It wouldn't really be all that hard. It is just a matter of tidying up a few little things, and connecting a few things.

If you need help email me. mmotherwell@yahoo.com

Michael
  5. No Profile Picture

Site issues and help

You are right Michael, the site does have some issues, and, yes, it is still very much 1995ish, or at least late 90s ish.

Yes, I could use some help. I'm shooting you an email. Thanks for your reply.

Joel
  7. No Profile Picture

Hey

Hey joel how are u? Sorry ihavent been on for a while to return your e-mails. I thought i had the job?
    -Sir loin

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo