1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Kaiba Corp Virtual Duel System help needed!

Hello some of you might know me from other sites, some might not but I have been working on a duel system that is sort of Flash Based.

I have been working on this project alone for the last 2 years and I'm sort of at that point to start looking for more people to help code the Yu-gi-Oh card dueling system with me, instead of working alone.

I'm at the point of completing Phase 1 of the System where its networked, the duel system working, Basic functions are done, Card constructor is done, all that's left is the dueling rooms where people login to create duels and other things of this nature.

A basic idea of what is done is as follows:
    -Dynamic card creation based on Data it recieves from a database
    -Saving and loading Decks
    -Deck Constructor to make decks
    -Basic start of a in game GUI system that needs more work
    -Duel system loads both players decks and shuffles them
    -Follows dueling order and can Summon, Set Monster and traps
    -Sending to Grave and RFG functions done
    -Return to hand functions done
    -Reborn from Grave done
    -Return to top of deck done
    -etc

What is left for me to Reach Beta 1.0
    -Finish dueling room to load data of duels that have been created/users dueling/etc
    -Link this data to the dueling system
    -Finish up reminding bugs for the system and then get beta testers to test it out in private before public release.

Granted I can reach Beta 1.0 on my own but the bigger changelle comes soon after to Reach BETA 2.0
    here are the things I need to achieve
    -Dynamic rule system for each card effects
    (which in itself is a VERY difficult task since each card has its own effect, Chain, Response, Rules,etc to them)
    -Testing of all this and add remaining rules and function to the game that is dynamic

I'm not going to lie and say its easy to reach beta 2.0 and I know it will be alot of work and trial and effort but that's why I need other to code as well.

Most of this is done in.........FLASH actionscripting...amazing what it can do XD.

Those who feel the can Handle advance flash topic/dynamic ideas/Visual Basic Networking over routers/PHP skills/ understand the card game to some degree or just willing to help please contact me at
    kaibacorp_contact@yahoo.com
    please in the subject put "DEV SHED HELP"

here are some snapshots of the current system.

3. Psycho Canadian
    Devshed Demi-God (4500 - 4999 posts)

Moved to Project Help Wanted forum
  5. No Profile Picture

In the deepest recesses of the mess that is my bedroom

Exclamation

First of all: Holy FRELL, man. That's really pretty awesome.

Second of all, I think that your biggest problem looking for help here is going to be finding people with the interest needed to help. Which is just sad, really.

I'd offer to help with some of the scripting, but I'm a C++ person. However, I know enough about the game itself to have managed several tournaments. I've never tried for an official judge position, but that's really just because my area has no need.

I can PM you a link to a forum I run where you'll find plenty of interest, and maybe some decent Flash assistance. About fifty percent of the users have coding experience of some kind, and it'd be some exposure if nothing else.
  7. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by Tentacular
    First of all: Holy FRELL, man. That's really pretty awesome.

Second of all, I think that your biggest problem looking for help here is going to be finding people with the interest needed to help. Which is just sad, really.

I'd offer to help with some of the scripting, but I'm a C++ person. However, I know enough about the game itself to have managed several tournaments. I've never tried for an official judge position, but that's really just because my area has no need.

I can PM you a link to a forum I run where you'll find plenty of interest, and maybe some decent Flash assistance. About fifty percent of the users have coding experience of some kind, and it'd be some exposure if nothing else.
    Well at least its a start, I can talk to you as well to see how much you know. C++ and action script are very similar, the main point is to get the logic down and that is more important then the lanuage.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo