1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

"capture" text from one page - post to another. NEED CONTRACTOR!

I have been hired to program a very simple 10-12 page static HTML site. The only challenge that I will face is related to an "In the News" page. There will be an ever-growing list of article headlines on this page (with links to the article itself) - pretty typical. The client wishes to have the 1st 3 articles listed "captured" and placed on the Home Page of the site, highlighting the article headline and first sentence of the actual article. Is there a way to automate this as the "In the News" page is updated? I need someone who could take my HTML files and put this process in place.

Please respond with a time estimate and cost for this job. I will need the work done towards the end of September or beginning of October.

THANKS!
  3. phpkid ~~~~~~ :o)
    Devshed Frequenter (2500 - 2999 posts)

Yup,

This can be automated.
    But to automate this,You might have to incorporate things in your static HTML pages. This will help a PHP or Perl script to parse the HTML page and fetch the news, Write them in your main homepage !!!

To discuss more, you can mail me at me@phpkid.org .

JD
  5. Mobbing Gangster
    Devshed Demi-God (4500 - 4999 posts)

"Best City" 2002 and 2003- Melbourne, Australia
    I was going to bid on this, but then I was like "what if remote info is in flash or java applet or genrated pics? I'm screwed then". So good luck, jdk.

chausfeld, could you provide more details?
    And you know I mean that.
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

more details

I have already promised to work with a previous respondant to my posting, but if that falls through, I'll contact one of you. All I can tell you as far as details for the "remote data" you referred to is that I don't know... I assume you mean the articles, right? Even if they are in Flash, then whoever is updating the News page can easily just type in the headline in plain text, so I really don't think the format is a factor. The site itself will be basic HTML and CSS and maybe some dHTML.
  9. phpkid ~~~~~~ :o)
    Devshed Frequenter (2500 - 2999 posts)

Who is that previous one ?

Anyways, All the best for your *mini* project.

JD

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo