1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Looking for team members!

Hi everyone. I'm new to the forums. I'm leading a team the is in the proccess of creating an MMORPG. No, I'm not 15, yes, this is thought through and realistic. The game is called X-Shift and has a post modern theme(Blade Runner, Robocop, Shadowrun, Johnny Mnumonic, etc). It's 2d isometric and is being programmed in Java.

Our team currently consists of:
    Phil(Myself)
    -Team Lead / Lead Design
    -Graphic Design
    Andy
    -Lead Programmer
    Becky
    -Composer
    Jimmy
    -Composer
    -Network Tech
    Craig
    -Assistant Programmer
    Mitch
    -Map Designer
    Jason
    -3d Modelling (exporting as 2d)
    Nick
    -Web Master

What we're looking for:
    Assistant programmers (Java)
    Character Modellers (Poser, DAZ, Maya, etc)
    Concept Artists (any medium)
    Graphic Designers (Photoshop)
    3d Animators (for game cinematics)
    Any other skills you have and think may be helpful.

What we're offering:
    While the game is planned to be pay-to-play, since we're so early in production, we promise nothing at this point except for stressful deadlines an enthusiastic team and a fun project.

The game was in pre-production for over a year and we've only just begun the production in early January of this year, so there's not a whole lot to show yet. Still, to see a little of what we have and to learn a bit more about the project, check out our site, xshiftonline
    You may contact me there or reply here if you're interested, have questions, or simply feedback.

Thanks!
  3. No Profile Picture

hi there just joined up have some experience under my belt, studied game design and 3D moddeling. Mainly model in 3D studi max, have used maya 6.5 for an extensive time im skilled in photoshop due to me being an amateur photographer and also have a graphic pad for design related stuff.

i also programmed in DarkBasic and programm currently in PERL. also took java classes for 2 years but i dislike that language

i have been with an mmorpg team before developping EOD
    (URL address blocked: See forum rules)/ if u want reference i can give u direct contact to the main leader. also i can supply you with 3d models or sketches if you like. i have done animation before but im not the biggest fan of it.

-fraggs
  5. Psycho Canadian
    Devshed Demi-God (4500 - 4999 posts)

moved to project help wanted forum
  7. No Profile Picture

Wonderful, sounds like you have a good blend of skills. Contact me on our forums (under the same screen name). Our site is: xshiftonline[dot]com (sheesh, that's annoying) This forum tends to make it difficult to interact outside of the forums themselves.

Others who have contacted me via PM, please do the same.

To the devs... sorry, I missed the Help Wanted forum.
  9. No Profile Picture

glad you contacted me. i showed you some of my work and it seemed you liked it. i did some rough drafting and simple box modeling last night for 2 hours or so. i will propably have one or even 2 models done by the end of this week, art needs time

talk to you online
  11. No Profile Picture

As I said, your work is quite impressive. I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with. I've also been working closely with our concept artist and we've posted a few more images on the site. I'd love to here feedback from everyone here.

Also, you said you have some moderate experience with animation. Fortunately, most of our cinematics will be fairly simplistic as far as animation goes (lots of flying through the city scapes and a few flying hover cars, etc.) not a lot of moving parts. Maybe we can discuss that more this weekend.

I look forward to your progress.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo