1. Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Lightbulb Looking for involvement

I have never been involved in a project and i'd like to start now!

Looking to get involved into an existing project or perhaps start a new one (for experience mainly).

I do PHP and mySQL (can learn other db's) only. I consider myself to be an "advanced newbie"! If I have a problem I can usually find the solution myself.

I've had a contract in the past which was also my first steps in PHP (I already knew how to code)! I was asked to create a web site that mainly needs to gather information such as contacts, projects and even a forum (one room but supports private messaging) and I wasn't asked for but I had to implement sessions of course for multiple users. If somebody asks for I can give you the actual site in a tarball (in french but half-commented in french and english for several reasons).

Anyone interested?
    Last edited by riv; September 21st, 2002 at 01:57 PM.
    Words must be weighed, not counted.
  3. Contributing User
    Devshed Frequenter (2500 - 2999 posts)

riv, I admire your excitement to get involved in a PHP project, as a matter of fact, I wanted to view some of your past work and maybe get you involved in a side project that I am currently working on. Now, I went and checked your profile to see if you had a homepage link that maybe I could review and was shocked to see the homepage link you have posted. Not only is that link offensive, it is downright ignorant. Can I ask you why you would post a link like that in your profile, weather it is an actuall homepage or not, you can not post links like that in this community.

You want to get involved with a PHP project, but you post stuff like that link in your profile? Sorry to bust your bubble, but there is alot of proffesional developers on this forum that take offense to ignorance like that.

My advice for you would be to learn some proffesionalism first before getting involved in the community..........

PS: Change that link in your profile, it is in direct violation of the forum rules......
    ~ Joe Penn
  5. Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Sorry about the link, that was a long time ago, I completely forgot about it as you can see from the 404 error. Right now I'm "homepageless".

If you ever wan't to see what i've done so far i'll include the actual site I talked about (the contract) which was for an elementary school. The site is not online probably because they haven't installed PHP4 even though I told them and have acces to a Linux expert (which I believe is also a kernel hacker so there's no reason).

I wrote a README and TODO in english so one can get started.
    Attached Files
    Words must be weighed, not counted.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo