1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

someone familiar with apache,php,linux

Hi,

Im looking for someone familiar with apache, linux,php,mysql and postgres to aid me with my projects in terms of tech support.

Im not a php programmer, though i have a small team abroad.

Often i do some work in linux or install php scripts on the server.
    My knowledge isnt extensive, and i'd like to be able to email someone (or chat on msn/icq) regarding my problem for someone to help me solve it as soon as reasonably possible

I would say i only need asisstance for 3 or 4 hours a week, and im based in the UK

I'd like to be able to give the tech support person root access to my server,so that he/she can log-in and do what needs to be done.

Im willing to pay of course. either per tech support request, or monthly basis, or whatever. Or we can come to some arrangement, where i can offer my services in return for yours.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Php Freelance Web development

Linux solaris Php perl Sql Mysql programming at just 15 per hour

Linux solaris Php perl Sql Mysql programming at just 15 per hour.
    Im interested.
    weekly payment is acceptable to my barclays bank plc account...
    We are in India.
    Last edited by chris18; December 12th, 2002 at 09:02 PM.
    Chris, Developer, Chrisranjana.com
    Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India.
    Php Programmers
  5. Mobbing Gangster
    Devshed Demi-God (4500 - 4999 posts)

"Best City" 2002 and 2003- Melbourne, Australia
    eemo, I'm sure you will get more responses if you provide a little bit more details like what kind of job you're doing with linux and in what area most of support will be needed. eg, someone may be apache guru, but you'd like to do some networking stuff. Or php programmer with linux administration skill, but you need dba.

For this sort of misunderstanding not to happen, could you describe in more details what you're doing (eg, "I am getting into web development and would like someone who has been around to help me with understanding difficult concepts and behind-the-stages of this job" kind of thing)
    And you know I mean that.
  7. No Profile Picture

Linux solaris Php perl Sql Mysql programming at just 15 per hour

alcapone is right

waiting for more details from eemo

thanks

chris
    http://www.chrisranjana.com
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I'll try my best to explain what kind of work i do, or what i work with.

Basically, we're a new company and we would like to be able to provide custom applications for small to medium sized companies in the UK. These applications have to be browser based however (so that they can come over the web).

We're currently developing a booking system for some schools locally in our region, and we're developing a waste management system.

This is all being developed abroad in Pakistan. by 3 people.
    Here in the UK, there are 2 of us. Me and my Business partner.

We sort of share tasks. He does the accounting, and he did the database design and implementation for the projects underway.
    He is also currentlly learning html.

I did my best to setup the development environment for the programmers abroad.
    So what i did was install linux with samba, to setup a fileserver.
    The i installed apache ,php,mysql and postgres so that the programmers abroad can upload their scripts to the webserver for testing and demonstration purposes.

My other jobs are to do research into best development practices.
    For example, i had to decide whether we were going to use mysql or postgres as the back-end database for one of the projects.
    I also then downloaded many php scripts (open source) to check out some pre-coded booking system scripts.
    This is where i usually get stuck. i.e in the general maintenance of the webserver, and installation of the scripts.
    Its very difficult to describe any specific jobs that i do.
    Most things are pretty much ad-hoc, although we do have a project outline which has a list of tasks that we'd like to accomplish.

Currently i also have a website setup. which hosts web templates for visitors to buy (well im working on it). now i'll probably get the guys in pak to sort out a payment processing system for me.

The only thing is the time differences abroad, and their many power cuts and lack of face-to-face interaction.
    Hence why im looking for someone in the UK specifically, to be able to assist me , either by phone or email or instant messaging.
    So i can make aquick call and say "im stuck with installing postfix, what do i do? " or " wht is the best way of deploying my apps" etc.

Does that help ?
  11. No Profile Picture

Php perl Sql Mysql programming at just US$15 per hour

The only thing is the time differences abroad, and their many power cuts and lack of face-to-face interaction.
    do you really think so ?

or did the programmers say "power cut" to cover up project delays ?
    Chris, Developer, Chrisranjana.com
    Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India.
    Php Programmers

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo