1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Programming Partnership Opportunity...

Hi All,

I have been in charge of development for a large community site of one of my client's for the last six years and have been offered the position of CEO. The problem right now is that the client doesn't have a lot of capital to invest in the site and what little there is should be directed towards marketing it.

The client is very willing to give equity/profit sharing but the problem is I can only do so much. What I really need is a PHP/MySQL programmer to partner with me on rebuilding/revamping the site.

I have been trying to learn PHP/MySQL but I am more of a front-end design/marketing guy and feel it is best to leave something like that to more experienced individuals. I plan on only/mostly using OS/GPL applications and have already researched all the applications I would like to use to replace the existing ones. Most of the programming work would be installing and modifying applications to fit the site's needs.

Some of the replacement applications include:
    ++ Specialized Shop (allowing outside partners to sell thru this site)
    ++ Forums
    ++ Mailing List
    ++ Content Management
    ++ Banner Ad Management
    ++ Auction System
    ++ and more...

Basically, I am looking for someone who is willing to invest time and labor upfront with me into revamping this site in exchange for equity/profit sharing on the site. This site has enormous potential! Any candidates would have the opportunity for a long-term position with the company.

We are looking for an experienced programmer that must show a portfolio of work and/or resume. This would be a tele-commuting position and location is not an issue.

To protect my client's business I can't yet give out the url. However, this is a highly established web site with about 1000 visitors a day. Our traffic at our peak was about 10,000/day. It's been featured in several publications including the Wall Street Journal, USA Today and local papers.

Anyone interested? Or does anyone have advice, comments, suggestions?

Look forward to your reponses...

Thanks!
  3. No Profile Picture

I am interested in doing this partnership with you. I have done many php projects before. I am currently out of the office so I cannot really post any suggestions. Would you please email me mgeNOSPAM@liquidx2.com Just remove NOSPAM. Thanks.
  5. No Profile Picture

I am in MD and am interested in talking about htis further
  7. No Profile Picture

Hi

I have just seen that you are looking for a skilled developer to help "put it all together".

I wont ramble on, as I'm sure you will have had enough of those messages.

Basically I have been programming since 1991 and am fluent in VB, HTML, Javascript, Perl, PHP and mysql. I also have a bit of graphic design experience.

I have built many dynamic sites, one good example of a PHP site that I have developed from scratch is www.shopping.co.uk The website uses PHP with a mySQL DB.

When I say that I have developed www.shopping.co.uk from scratch, I mean from scratch, everything you see on that site has been created by me (with the exception of the 20,000+ product images!!)

I am available immediately for any project work.

If you have any questions please contact me on +44 (0) 845 0 537 486 or at
    ian@shopping.co.uk

Kind Regards
    Ian Naylor
  9. Contributing User
    Devshed Frequenter (2500 - 2999 posts)

pwalha - where in Maryland are you? And how much experience do you have? And experience in what?
    ~ Joe Penn
  11. No Profile Picture
    Banned

Try our service

Hi,
    Our website provide project hosting,you can post your project on our website and coder will bid on it.You can choose coders on their bids and qualifications.Whole process is secure and very easy.If you are interested,please visit our website below.
    Thanks and have nice day.
    http://www.thesoftwareobjects.com

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo