Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Thumbs up World Of Warcraft Private Server Host

Hi I am looking to start a World of Warcraft Private Server but need a host.If you are interested in hosting in return you get a partnership status on a major gaming site in development called themachinimanews.com if interested contact me by msn at skype and steam at Hboybowen just mention this ad and ill recognize you.

Comments on this post

• Winters disagrees
  3. No Profile Picture

Private server

Originally Posted by Hboybowen
    Hi I am looking to start a World of Warcraft Private Server but need a host.If you are interested in hosting in return you get a partnership status on a major gaming site in development called themachinimanews.com if interested contact me by msn at skype and steam at Hboybowen just mention this ad and ill recognize you.
    Re: Creating Private server
    Hello.... I am an old guy who have all the practical experience having organized an structured businesses for a living but who is a complete novice about anything in the "cyberworld" and computer games...
    I have been a WOW Retail client and got a few level 80 (Ulduar25+) but I am growing tired of blizzard BS and recent patches who penalize players like me who enjoy a good raiding challenge based on skill and not gears....
    At this time I am looking for people that would be willing to handle all the programation and technical aspect of creating and maintening a "well organized" Private server that will focus on creating the kind of concepts that would meet my and like minded players expectations (NOT focusing on making a "WOW clone")
    Of course I will cover all operating expenses and will provide my experience in creating and maintening the various aspects of this Server.... except of course for all technical, IT and programation, scipting,coding etc....
    If you have any interest in that little project or know anyone who would feel free to contact me asap and give me your Skype Id and best time to have a chat about it
    Looking forward to hear from you
    Best Regards, Frank

P.S I am open to any suggestions.... including having an existing Private server creating a separate Realm for that specific project...

Comments on this post

• Winters disagrees
  5. No Profile Picture

I currently have a new private server up and running, its quite buggy but its a progress. Maybe you're interested in it, come check my website here http://tinyurl.com/WoWServerRIT . I'm more than happy to let you join my server, its a dedicated 24/7 WoW server. Private88, if you're interested you can become a moderator of this server.

To logon to the server, go to WoW Folder>Data>enUS>realmlist.wtf and delete everything then add the following line "set realmlist 129.21.118.67"

Comments on this post

• Winters disagrees
  7. No Profile Picture

Lightbulb

earthful just been on your server looks o...k doesnt seem too buggy but needs some work if you need any help coding it i can help with a few things like items,npc's,vendor's,etc. give me a pm on here or pm on your server will be on it for a few days to see what the community is like

best regards jake

p.s. my name on your server is super

Comments on this post

• Winters disagrees
  9. No Profile Picture

I just took my server down due to huge problem with the school. They called me and told me why I was hogging so much bandwidth, so I took the server down. I might take it back up sometime soon if I can in the future. Keep in contact!
  11. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by jkrjake
    earthful just been on your server looks o...k doesnt seem too buggy but needs some work if you need any help coding it i can help with a few things like items,npc's,vendor's,etc. give me a pm on here or pm on your server will be on it for a few days to see what the community is like

best regards jake

p.s. my name on your server is super
    I'm going to bring it back up this weekend, I'll update you if I can.
  13. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by Earthful
    I'm going to bring it back up this weekend, I'll update you if I can.
    ok nps did u take site down too? and if u need any help updating let me know
  15. No Profile Picture

ok nps did u take site down too? and if u need any help updating let me know
    So, I have couple of questions. Have you experienced in managing servers before? You think you can help get few people to come (Not too many)? By the way, its not hard to create items/npcs/etc especially with websites such as wow-v.com

Only hard part is maintaining the server and ensuring no serious bugs interfere with the players' experience. I do not want to scare you away, you look like you want to learn so I'm willing to let you to get involved in this server.
  17. No Profile Picture

So, I have couple of questions. Have you experienced in managing servers before? You think you can help get few people to come (Not too many)? By the way, its not hard to create items/npcs/etc especially with websites such as wow-v.com

Only hard part is maintaining the server and ensuring no serious bugs interfere with the players' experience. I do not want to scare you away, you look like you want to learn so I'm willing to let you to get involved in this server.
    yes i have helped manage a few servers but only one of which was made public (that was down to hosting issues) but the other servers that didn't go public were used in LAN setups which i helped maintain for a gaming cafe(with 2 other people)which was owned by my friends brother.

for the public server i was in charge of getting people to come to the server and to locate any bugs and classify them minor or major bugs. i would then try and correct them myself but if they were major bugs that i couldn't fix i would then pass on to the server admins.

just so i know how many people would you want to come? min - max. if you only wanted about 30 people(example) i would only promote the server on say a handful or sites

and yes i do know abit about servers(but that's limited) but you know what they say you can never know to much

regards jake
  19. No Profile Picture

yes i have helped manage a few servers but only one of which was made public (that was down to hosting issues) but the other servers that didn't go public were used in LAN setups which i helped maintain for a gaming cafe(with 2 other people)which was owned by my friends brother.

for the public server i was in charge of getting people to come to the server and to locate any bugs and classify them minor or major bugs. i would then try and correct them myself but if they were major bugs that i couldn't fix i would then pass on to the server admins.

just so i know how many people would you want to come? min - max. if you only wanted about 30 people(example) i would only promote the server on say a handful or sites

and yes i do know abit about servers(but that's limited) but you know what they say you can never know to much

regards jake
    An average of 30-40 daily is good enough, top connections about 50. But I can have over 5000 people on the server (I don't want to try and break my gaming rig )

I don't except you do any hardcore fixes, just "patches" to help the server become less buggy. I'm thinking about creating a custom raid where its unique and something interactive.
  21. No Profile Picture

An average of 30-40 daily is good enough, top connections about 50. But I can have over 5000 people on the server (I don't want to try and break my gaming rig )

I don't except you do any hardcore fixes, just "patches" to help the server become less buggy. I'm thinking about creating a custom raid where its unique and something interactive.
    yh ive seen alot of servers with custom raids but some can be abit over the top like undamed-wow nearly everythink is custom lol

and yh i can help with that

btw i was wondering has your server got anythink custom?

and 30-40 people on horde and 30-40 on ally or in total 30-40 people?
  23. No Profile Picture

yh ive seen alot of servers with custom raids but some can be abit over the top like undamed-wow nearly everythink is custom lol

and yh i can help with that

btw i was wondering has your server got anythink custom?

and 30-40 people on horde and 30-40 on ally or in total 30-40 people?
    Total because I allowed cross factions to interact in everything.
  25. No Profile Picture

Total because I allowed cross factions to interact in everything.
    ahh kk thats good then ^^ so has it got any custom stuff yet ? eg gear,raids.
  27. No Profile Picture

ahh kk thats good then ^^ so has it got any custom stuff yet ? eg gear,raids.
    I'm thinking about a custom gear after Tier 8/9, something challenging to earn. Not too overpowered nor too worthless, plus I'm planning to make custom npcs but I need scripts so I'm trying to figure out how to program Python to C++ because I know Python.
  29. No Profile Picture

turning on the server now

Update: I'll be on the server for while. You can stop by and say hello

New realmlist: 129.21.118.67
    New website IP address: http://tinyurl.com/WoWServerRIT
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo