1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

FSX (Flight Sim X) -- Packet Injection

Hi,

I currently have an app written in VB6 that monitors the packet flow on a port and logs certain data from the UDP packets. ie. Player joining or leaving the session, His IP address, chat text, player aircraft and location etc...

So far, it seems that monitoring and sniffing out data is not a problem, but where we run into trouble is packet injection. We would like the APP to monitor the Flight Simulator X server's chat packets and respond to certain commands issue by "admins". For example: if a player types "/kick player1" the server issues the "eject" packet to the IP address of player1, removing him from the session. Then sending a UDP " chat" packet back to the player that sent the request, confirming the command.

Unfortunatly, to kick a player from the session in the FSX GUI, someone must be logged into the server and right-click that player and click "kick". This doesn't work well for a session that is running 24/7 on a dedicated server. And I would like for those people in the FS community to be able to remove/kick a rouge/disruptive player, before they ruin the session.

This shouldn't be too hard to do, but we CANNOT seem to get it working. Are there any programmers out there willing to help us?? We could provide you with our current source to work with or develop a clean/new, standalone app to respond to these chat commands and issue packets.

Also, as a reparation, we could offer some free server space/bandwidth from our dedicated server.

Thanks in advance ...

Bud
    Bmatt59@gmail.com
  3. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Originally Posted by bmatt59
    Hi,

I currently have an app written in VB6 that monitors the packet flow on a port and logs certain data from the UDP packets. ie. Player joining or leaving the session, His IP address, chat text, player aircraft and location etc...

So far, it seems that monitoring and sniffing out data is not a problem, but where we run into trouble is packet injection. We would like the APP to monitor the Flight Simulator X server's chat packets and respond to certain commands issue by "admins". For example: if a player types "/kick player1" the server issues the "eject" packet to the IP address of player1, removing him from the session. Then sending a UDP " chat" packet back to the player that sent the request, confirming the command.

Unfortunatly, to kick a player from the session in the FSX GUI, someone must be logged into the server and right-click that player and click "kick". This doesn't work well for a session that is running 24/7 on a dedicated server. And I would like for those people in the FS community to be able to remove/kick a rouge/disruptive player, before they ruin the session.

This shouldn't be too hard to do, but we CANNOT seem to get it working. Are there any programmers out there willing to help us?? We could provide you with our current source to work with or develop a clean/new, standalone app to respond to these chat commands and issue packets.

Also, as a reparation, we could offer some free server space/bandwidth from our dedicated server.

Thanks in advance ...

Bud
    Hi Bud,

Working on a similar project myself. Figured this out last week. To kick a player from your session send the following 5 bytes to their ip/port twice: 30, 1, 250, &H24 and 0.

Where are you grabbing the aircraft location from..SimConnect?

Sorry I'd post my email address to let you email me directly.. but something to do with new users posting email addresses, prevents me.

Cheers,
    Ken

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo