1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Looking for game designers

Hello everybody.

It is very possible you have never seen me before on this board, so Hi, to everyone.

Actually, i am looking for help on a game i am setting up; it should become a 3d RPG with Panzer Dragoon like flying options, and of course, the normal leveling up. We are thinking about summoning. The idea would be turn-based.

I was hoping that i could find some willing people on this board who might want to join our team.

We are now with 2 main members, and 3 others, all mostly in the design area, and not as much in the programming area, although we need more of both

I hope someone here is willing to help,

Kidd
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Moving to Project Help Wanted.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

what language are you using?
  7. No Profile Picture

Uhr,

Hi, thanx for posting an actual reply, oh and sorry for posting this in the wrong folder. The language we will be using is probably C++ , but really, anything is welcome since we've only just started. If you (or anybody) knows of people possibly interested in helping make a 3d rpg, then please. We already have a possible server, so we can go online, plus we are making some 3d models. And i'm working on a global idea sketch, complete with basic story and some enemies and characters. Maybe that will show the world some more of this game plan. IF there is anybody who is willing to help, than please call in. We need pretty much everything; 3d artist, 2d artist (= someone who can draw dragons ), programmer, in any language really, sound guys, music guys, ai programmers and everything else.

Kidd out ^^

mail at Fam.limbeek@hetnet.nl
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

What Game Engine Could you be Using?

Last summer i Try to Write my own engine although i succesed i my initial goals, but one thing i found out was that it could take me 2 to 3 years to complete this project alone.

So i will advice you to use a Game Engine. And i will recommend Genisis3D engine. Not because i have use it but because of its licence.

I could love to help you guys, but i know i could not give much time.

Any way Bye
    be Wise

TH
  11. No Profile Picture

hello

hey, great you want to help

it's not like we are doing this alone...

1 or 2 more programmers, and we can really begin.

got 2 programmers,
    2 3d designers
    and about 8 others doing all we currently need

Kidd

fam.limbeek@hetnet.nl
  13. No Profile Picture

Other engine

Hi,
    sounds like a good idea. Id like to hear more about your game.

If your thinking about going online with the game you might want to investigate the morfit game engine also. Its pretty easy compared to the Genesis engine and it has online multiplayer capabilities. It can also support much larger worlds which might be good for an 3D RPG. The only thing is the graphics and sound are not as good as the Genesis engine and the want $$ for a commercial license. Free freeware licence though.

I am just getting started in game development but i have a pretty diverse background as far as gaming and computing. But id like to join a project to help out. Ill contact you soon.
    Last edited by mistra; September 16th, 2003 at 02:32 PM.
  15. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

i progam in vb6....that any good for you guys......i know some cool features with it
  17. No Profile Picture

Er...

Sure, socomdude

anyway, mail away @ fam.limbeek@hetnet.nl
    or aim me at Kidduffet2002

i hope for more replies; for now, we are using the Morfit 3d engine, plus we got some very cool stuff coming up

KIdd
  19. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I would like to help I use to play around with level editors and made a few mods before
  21. No Profile Picture

Lightbulb I mights be able to help

Hi there. I'm Drew by the way, and I just saw your topic listing on some website. You mentioned that you're thinking of developing a game of your own, and thought I'd drop you a line to find out more of what you’re doing.
    I'm currently working for SCEE, of whom I've been with for several years as lead designer. Before them I was with Psygnosis (who really were Sony anyway) also as lead designer, and external design manager. I worked on everything from wipEout with Nick, G-Police (I was external design manager with the leads studio), Colony wars with Mike, Rascal with Travelers Tails, Lander with Chun (who also did The Getaway), and the list goes on. I've also worked for Ocean and worked on Silver before they sold the company. Plus, Perfect Entertainment on the Disk World games.

Not wanting to sound to modest, but I am good at what I do. I've made a lot of money for the companies I've worked for and myself, and I'm always looking for new challenges. And I know all the right people in the right places. The people with the money...the publishers.

If you wanna know more, then drop me a mail and we can talk more.

a_young_7@hotmail.com

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo