1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Looking for web designers to build templates for a new cms?

Having been frustrated with the cms solutions currently available, i've built my own web-based, php cms system, and am thinking of releasing it as an open source project. I'm looking for some web designers with knowledge of at least html and css, and probably some image creation software such as photoshop, to design and build some templates that will work with the system. The templates will be provided for download on the main cms website, so that users of the cms have a choice of styles. You will be given all credit for the templates you create, each template will be featured on it's own page and i'll add any links the designer wishes.

Note that this is an entirely voluntary project - I cannot afford to pay to have these templates designed, so if you're willing to help you'll be doing it for the comunity! :-)

If anybody's interested, please reply and i'll provide the necessary info to get started! :-)

I look forward to working with some of you on what I hope will be the next-generation content management platform!
  3. CSS & JS/DOM Adept
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

What makes your CMS different from the hundreds of others that are available for use?

*** Thread moved to Project Help wanted ***
    Spreading knowledge, one newbie at a time.

Check out my blog. | Learn CSS. | PHP includes | X/HTML Validator | CSS validator | Common CSS Mistakes | Common JS Mistakes

Remember people spend most of their time on other people's sites (so don't violate web design conventions).
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I'm a designer, but I'd need more information. Many of the open-source CMS systems have large teams working on them. So I'd wonder what features you added before investing my time on a new one.

I have very specific ideas myself on what features are missing from some of them, but mostly I've managed to fudge my way through creating what I needed them to do, so far, even if it did take me hours of testing my poor php skills.

Maybe post a bit more, here?
  7. No Profile Picture

Intro

This is Divya from AJ square Inc.

We are web based company.

we are glad to assist you.

Please help me to know your contact information's

Best & Regards,
    Divya.
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by trinzia
    I'm a designer, but I'd need more information. Many of the open-source CMS systems have large teams working on them. So I'd wonder what features you added before investing my time on a new one.

I have very specific ideas myself on what features are missing from some of them, but mostly I've managed to fudge my way through creating what I needed them to do, so far, even if it did take me hours of testing my poor php skills.

Maybe post a bit more, here?
    Sorry for taking so long to respond. It's not that I've come up with a groundbreaking new feature or anything like that. I've simply created a system that is easy to use. I know it sounds pretty stupid when I put it like that, but it's true. I can't count the number of times I've setup a cms system for somebody, and they've been unable to figure it out. Even I've struggled to figure out some of the major cms platforms.

So, just as an experiment, I began playing around with some of the smaller, less well known cms systems. I found them easier to use, but they lacked the features of the bigger, more powerful cms systems. This is where I hope my cms fits in - it takes the powerful (and useful) features from the bigger systems, and builds them into a package designed to be both user friendly for new users, and simple for advanced developers. My aim from the start has been to develop a product that beginners can install and instantly start creating a website, but that at the same time can be useful to advanced php developers who want a basic framework on which to build their site.

The last thing that I think is important is that I'm willing to listen to the users. As I don't have a huge team of people working with (or for) me, I have more control over the system I'm creating. Therefore I can listen to and implement user suggestions, without having to go through the processes that these major developers do. Out of interest, what are the features that you feel are missing from other systems?

Thanks anyway to all of you for your responses, i hope this answered your questions! :-)

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo