1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Lightbulb [Looking for Free Help] Online Community Systems (PHP, MySQL)

I am looking for a PHP developer to help me to bring a PHP project back to life.

The project is an online community featuring communications services, file hosting services, and other community services.

I have been working for about the last four years to replace an old system that doesn't meet our needs, and doesn't work very well.

Over the last year I have had significantly less time to work on the project myself, and lack any help, which would be greatly accepted.

The candidate I'm looking for is:
    • self-motivated
    • knows or wants to learn PHP and MySQL
    • open to different ways of thinking about php
    • open to continuing building on an existing project using existing, internally designed and built php libraries
    • not looking to get paid (at least not soon, think of it as a professional opportunity to learn and build your skillset)
    • willing to sign an NDA (non-disclosure agreement)
    • willing to communicate often with myself and our team - we hold monthly team meetings, and I would be directing the work needed, probably through an issue tracking system of some kind
    • willing to build internal tools to solve our problems (as opposed to bringing in generic outside tools, which we've found usually don't meet our needs well enough)
    • willing to follow organization-determined coding standards, and security protocols and standards

I'm sure that this sounds like a daunting list of attributes.

We are using an object-oriented approach to building web pages and models.

We are also currently using a RPC-like interface for our web services, which I am looking to change over to a RESTful architecture (again using internally built frameworks and libraries).

If you have any questions, post or PM me please.

I'm sorry that we can't pay right now, but once the project matures more, there may be an opportunity to be paid.

Please post or PM me if you are even remotely interested.

Thanks.
  3. No Profile Picture

Hello, I am interested, especially, to build internal restful framework.

I couldn't PM, please contact me at 000(a)cfreak_net.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Oops, sorry wrong thread

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo