July 11th, 2013, 01:31 AM
New Online TCG (Trading Card Game)
We are creating a new online TCG based on the old Egypt (Myths and Legends) for desktop, tablet and mobile.
The idea (quick overview):
Neandia is an online Trading Card Game (but it will be possible to have real cards in the future (exchange virtuals cards with real cards - in this case the cards are removed from the online account). This is an Egyptian-fantasy game (with Pharaoh's Myths and Legends) which is turn-based as most TCG. The game framework is a little bit like Magic the Gathering (during the beta tests all rules will be updated to offer something new and creative). Here is a sample for the card (see attachments).
Here are the step of the game creation (already in progress and documentation exists):
1. Rules creation (status:advanced)
2. Cards creation (status:advanced)
3. Card design (status:advanced)
4. Website design (board, market, store, ...) (status:mockup)
5. Wesite architecture (status:advanced)
6. Game engine (status:basic)
What we are looking for:
- One or more developers with online game knowledge (the project can easily be divided) - Gameplay Programmer, Engine Programmer, ...
- One or more WEB developers, mobile developers,...
- One or more designers for the website design, the gaming board, the illustrations for the card, ...
- One or more illustrators for the cards illustrations
- One or more people who can help to create/review the rules
- One or more people who have creativity to create new cards (name, abilities, ...)
And if you are interested by this project do not hesitate to contact me!
What we offer:
- A great new project in which you can invest yourself at your own pace
- Clear and accurate schedules
- Clear and accurate work
- Refunding based on your work once the game allows it (to be discussed - another possibilities also exist)
- And a lot of others interesting things
Interested? Some remarks? Advises? Do not hesitate.
July 15th, 2013, 04:41 AM
Looks like an interesting project, could you maybe expand a bit on the following?
- You are talking about an examples in the attachments, but i see none. Could you maybe add a link to the card for us?
- You are asking for developers, could you specify a bit further what kind of developers you are looking for? For example: Senior Java developer with deep knowledge of the Oracle RDMS.
- Can you give an overview of the current team members who are working on this project?
- Maybe a bit about yourself and your qualifications?
- You are talking about bringing this game to "desktop, tablet and mobile". Could you go a bit further into this? Do you mean with "Desktop" that it will be available for windows and mac os x? Or will this game also be developed for linux, openBSD and so on? When you talk about tablet, do you mean android and iOS? Or are windows RT and so on also to be supported?
July 15th, 2013, 03:35 PM
Yes it is
Originally Posted by joop bananenbui
As I'm a new user I cannot add URLs but do not hesitate to contact me via PM.
As this is a browser game (maybe I forgot to specify this aspect in the description) I'm looking for web developer. But as there is also a server-side I'm also looking for developer for the server (the language is not yet choosen so many advises are welcome).
I started the project alone but as this is a long-term project (and because there are a lot of work) I cannot work alone.
But in the team (part-time) : 2-5 illustrators (for the card illustrations and others pictures), project manager.
Actually there are a lot of illustrators but I really need developers. -- Note that the project will start in September (time to create the team and discuss more in depth about the project).
I represent a web company which wants to create online game (new business sector).
Ok so I guess I was not clear enough in the description because this is a browser based game. The first version will only be available on browser and next versions will also be available on mobile (either via browser or Apps). See also Facebook and others social networks.
I hope it's now more clear and do not hesitate to ask questions about the project.
July 16th, 2013, 09:23 AM
Thanks for your excellent reply! Much appriciated. But what i ment when i asked a bit about yourself was more a bit like; A bit of info about yourself, your qualifications, why you have such interest in a game like this, your rough whereabouts, those kind of things
I'll go first :
I'm Joop Bananenbuiger, 31 years old, java developer for about 10 years now (3 years in school, 7 professionaly). Used a couple of other languages like C#, D, C++ and a couple of others. Have been programming since age 8 (On my trusty ZX spectrum).Know my way around Oracle and postgresql, not afraid of mySQL either, but a bit less experience with it honestly. Have done loads of SOAP / REST / XML / XSLT and so on experience, since I currently work on middleware product.
Not a native English speaker as you might have noticed, i'm from the Netherlands. Can speak and write English reasonably well. Same for Dutch, and if really pressed i could speak a bit of German too.
Why my interest in this project: I really like magic the gathering and board games in general. Doing something else than middleware might be fun!
More questions time!
- On what timescale do you want this project to be done (done as in: released to the public, i understand that a TCG is never really "done" )?
- Keeping in mind the last question; how much comitment are you expecting for this project on a weekly basis from your developer(s).
- Is location a problem? I can understand that a developer who lives 12 timezones away is hard to work as a team with.
- Your information about the payment for this project are a bit vague, and you hint about other posibilities. Could you go into a bit more detail, please?
July 16th, 2013, 03:57 PM
So I'm a little bit older than you (+2 years) and I live in the country just below yours.
About myself and this project : I like MTG and I would like to create my own TCG with tournaments, market, exchange cards, and others fun rules!!! This is an old project and I would like to restart it with new and big ambitions.
Dev skills : C++, C#, .NET, CSS, Php, HTML5, SQL, ...
Language skills : French, English, Dutch (ik spreek een beetje omdat we nederlands spreken in Belgïe)
One or two years for the development, thinking about rules etc... + illustrations seems ok (beta version included). Then after there will have update with new cards (so new illustrations etc...). It will depend on the number of players
Based on the developers skills and time. So if you just have two working days a month it could also be OK. (the work will be divided)
Not a problem because I will centralise everytingh and everybody can work where he wants.
Here is the compensation list for the TCG development (by order of preference):
For everyone – participation in the beta test version
• Your name in the Credits and you will have additional deck and/or booster regarding your contribution. (It can also include ticket for tournament)
• Your name in the Credits and compensation after income of the game. (the compensation is calculated before you start the work)
• You want to be paid directly.
Of course it’s also possible to mix the compensations! And to discuss about other kind of compensation.