1. No Profile Picture
    James
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Alternative to py2exe ????

Yes people, I know there have been numerous threads on this subject. The problem I have is, I can't get it to work.

So, Is there an alternative to py2exe? Is there some other way to make an .exe file out of my text program?

I am running Python 2.3.3 with Windows XP O.S.

I have been struggking with this situation for over two and a half weeks now. If there is something else, I want to try it. I have evolved into a 6 foot, 210 pound, mass of coordinated hate for py2exe.
  3. Contributing User

hehe,I feel your pain.Another alternative is MacMillan's Installer.Although it's use is very similar to py2exe.The one thing I like about it over py2exe is that fact you can make true stand alone exe's with it(no need to distribute dll's along with the exe).You can find Installer in this thread,in Netytan's reply(it's attached).http://forums.devshed.com/t124070/s....ight=installer

Perhaps if you posted your specific problems,someone maybe able to help you.Everyone here is very helpful,and usually like to help out us noobs
    It is not important if the glass is half full or half empty.What is important,is who has been drinking from MY glass?!?!?
  5. Mini me.
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

If you redirect the output to a text file and post it here we might be able to help. Something like

python win_exe.py > log.txt

I use the win_exe.py example in this thread for most of my short progs:
    http://forums.devshed.com/t137769/s....ghlight=py2exe

Grim
  7. Contributing User

Thanks Grim!Very handy indeed!

@winxptipster
    See,I told you the pros here are helpful!Follow Grim's advise,and I'm sure you'll be compiling in no time.
    It is not important if the glass is half full or half empty.What is important,is who has been drinking from MY glass?!?!?

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo