1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Automated python program

Hi im new to programming with python

Im trying to make a automated program that will control my mouse an type things in when need.

Ive got the program opening but am having trouble to get python to enter password. Like a macro would, I have a macro that im trying to turn into script for python but im having a very hard time.

Can someone please help??
    If needed I can post the macro script so you can see what im trying to get it to do.
  3. Contributing User
    Devshed Demi-God (4500 - 4999 posts)

Please post some of the macro, or all of it if short.
    [code]Code tags[/code] are essential for python code and Makefiles!
  5. No Profile Picture

This here is just the log in part of the macro but i have lots of different macro's that have to go into the same program to control the activities of the game itself.

The app is EVE Online

The GUI that ill make will allow the user to enter the username an password so the macro itself no's what to enter

begin
    Window.Bring to front("EVE", "no")
    Macro.Pause("547")
    Mouse.Click at coordinate("1001", "833", "left")
    Mouse.Click at coordinate("1001", "833", "left")
    Keyboard.Press keys("Username")
    Macro.Pause("424")
    Keyboard.Press key("{<tab>}")
    Macro.Pause("500")
    Keyboard.Press keys("Password")
    Macro.Pause("2626")
    Mouse.Click at coordinate("977", "875", "left")
    end

I found a free macro record to use tho after posting the first post that makes the macro into a .exe file but again that does not include a GUI so people have to edit the coding itself which they cant since it'll be a .exe

If you require more i can give an out line of the GUI an what functions will need to be edited through the GUI an not directly having to edit the code of the macro.
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I once made a macro bot for a game called Battlestar Galactica Online (it's a lot like EVE - you gather resources from asteroids and fight other players). I was able to make an Autohotkey (AHK) script that would actually fight better than I could, and it had a (very simple) GUI.

So I would suggest using AHK instead of Python. But it should be possible to make a macro using Python I'm just not sure how. AHK was designed around the idea of macros so it's pretty easy.
  9. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by eliskan
    I once made a macro bot for a game called Battlestar Galactica Online (it's a lot like EVE - you gather resources from asteroids and fight other players). I was able to make an Autohotkey (AHK) script that would actually fight better than I could, and it had a (very simple) GUI.

So I would suggest using AHK instead of Python. But it should be possible to make a macro using Python I'm just not sure how. AHK was designed around the idea of macros so it's pretty easy.
    Thats one im using but i need to make a GUI interface for other ppl to be able to use it to mod it for there ships an setup eve how it needs to be for the bot to run. Making the macros are the easy part making a .exe file with a GUI so settings is the hard part since AHK doesnt make a GUI for the macro itself u have to use the AHK GUI itself instead not what i want it to do
  11. No Profile Picture

Google EVE pilot itll work like that one doesnt, but i think there are things that can be improved on in it

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo