1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

I need a basic, useful project for Python of about 200 lines of code.

My school computer teacher has asked to show what I have done in Python so far. Now, I've made few small projects with Python, you know like, list all the factors, print the table, calculator, password checker, storing a biodata in a word file etc.
    Here are the things I know in Python:
    How Python runs programs and how I am suppose to run it.
    Numeric Types, The Dynamic Programming Interlude, Strings, Lists, Dictionaries, Tuples, files, Assignments, expressions, print, if tests and syntax rules, while and for loops, the documentation interlude, Functions, Modules, Classes (without metaclasses and decorators), Exceptions and Unicode and Byte strings.

Now, how can I make a substantial project using these tools.
    Thanks, in advance.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Think up something that's annoying that you have to do often which requires an abnormally long series of clicks or things to remember. Then write a Python program to do it for you instead. Do you ever back up your files to a different system in a regular place? Write a script that copies only newly-updated files instead of copying the whole tree. Do you check a series of forums every day for new posts? Write a Python script that checks RSS feeds or lynx in scripted mode to check for new updates and reports them back to you somehow. How about shopping lists? Do you know how much you spend, on average, every month on beer VS vegetables? Write a program that lets you categorize grocery expenses and then sorts them by subjective importance and objective cost.

Above all, choose something you'll actually use in the future -- that nearly guarantees solid code and a good learning experience (and the teacher will be impressed more that way than any other).

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo