1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Beginner in python programming please kindly help me

Hello,

I am working on a Project in which my task is to design a command prompt application using python technology to collect data such as the appointments, events, user contact etc. from server, In the firm I work everyone uses thunderbird or other calendar applications to store their appointments, events, etc. these data are stored in one main central server. My task is to develop a command line interface to connect to this server and get all the data such as user contacts, appointments, events etc. And display them in cmd according to user selections but since I am beginner to development and python I really confused about how to start I am stuck at starting point and very much confused without any idea. I have been given a test system to test my application with but I am really struck without any clues.

I kindly request someone to help me in my problem since this the beginning of my carrier. Any ideas, suggestions, advices, help offered is really appreciated a lot.

Thank You & Regards,
    Sanjayan Ravi.

3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by sanjayanammu
    Hello,

I am working on a Project in which my task is to design a command prompt application using python technology to collect data such as the appointments, events, user contact etc. from server, In the firm I work everyone uses thunderbird or other calendar applications to store their appointments, events, etc. these data are stored in one main central server. My task is to develop a command line interface to connect to this server and get all the data such as user contacts, appointments, events etc. And display them in cmd according to user selections but since I am beginner to development and python I really confused about how to start I am stuck at starting point and very much confused without any idea. I have been given a test system to test my application with but I am really struck without any clues.

I kindly request someone to help me in my problem since this the beginning of my carrier. Any ideas, suggestions, advices, help offered is really appreciated a lot.

Thank You & Regards,
    Sanjayan Ravi.
    1. What mail server are you using?

2. Provide sample input and desired output
  5. No Profile Picture

Linux Server

2. Provide sample input and desired output

input:
    username and password
    all the appointment of the user from the server
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by sanjayanammu

Linux Server
    I mean what's the name of the server daemon are you using for mail and calendar?

Anyhow, here's what you have to do:

* Create a handler to communicate with the server
    * Create a command line handler which takes input from the user, parses it, and then then ask the handler above to communicate with the server
  9. No Profile Picture

ok i will try it thank you for your reply

Originally Posted by partoj
    I mean what's the name of the server daemon are you using for mail and calendar?

Anyhow, here's what you have to do:

* Create a handler to communicate with the server
    * Create a command line handler which takes input from the user, parses it, and then then ask the handler above to communicate with the server

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo