1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Converting python to pseudo code.

Is it possible to convert python to a pseudo code?
    if it is possible, how can I do that?
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

do you mean obfuscate code? maybe http://freecode.com/projects/pyobfuscate will help then?
  5. --
    Devshed Expert (3500 - 3999 posts)

Hi,

this question makes no sense. The very definition of "pseudo code" is that it's not an actual language but a loose, informal description -- hence the "pseudo" prefix. Everybody can use their own pseudo code, and it doesn't even have to be parseable or consistent.

But of course you can invent your own language, define a specific grammar and then transform Python code into your language -- assuming your language can express any Python functionality.
  7. Contributing User
    Devshed Demi-God (4500 - 4999 posts)

[edit] This message addresses the original post. At first, the notion of "turning executable pseudo code into pseudo code" seems stupid. I instead interpreted the question as an opportunity to read someone else's program and understand what the algorithms are and why they lead to a solution. Which is not simple, for me.[/edit] I suggest you read the questions on this forum for a few weeks, try to understand and answer them. You'll be forced to understand intent, details of the algorithm attempted, and why it failed. Not always, of course, many of the questions are answered with a fairly simple "investigate python2 versus python3 issue" or "stick an r in front of that dos path string." Some of the questions are sophisticated.
    Last edited by b49P23TIvg; January 13th, 2013 at 02:52 PM.
    [code]Code tags[/code] are essential for python code and Makefiles!
  9. --
    Devshed Expert (3500 - 3999 posts)

Originally Posted by b49P23TIvg
    I suggest you read the questions on this forum for a few weeks, try to understand and answer them.
    Whom are you talking to?
  11. Contributing User
    Devshed Demi-God (4500 - 4999 posts)

Sorry. To M&G.
    [code]Code tags[/code] are essential for python code and Makefiles!

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo