1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Django not creating db tables for models

I am using Django: 1.4.8, Python: 3.3.3 (on another note how do I work out which version of Python Django is using and possibly change that if it's using the system default one - I added 3.3.3 as an altinstall)

I have tried both with South and without.

I have my app in INSTALLED_APPS

My models validate and my db is all set up and in settings

When I run south --initial for the app (with South in INSTALLED_APPS), or syncdb (without South in INSTALLED_APPS) it doesnt pick up any of my models (i.e. creates nothing, and doesn't think there's anything to add).

Any idea what I could be missing?
    Thanks
  3. No Profile Picture

I tried creating a new app but it still doesn't work (syncdb and south find nothing to do). Again the models validate fine, I debugged them already.

I am now trying to fix my altinstall of Python 3.3 (which may not be relevant to this issue but I've reached a dead end)

I cannot run:
    python3.3 setup.py install
    to add distribute or setuptools as the user doesn't have permissions to do things, for example:

Installing easy_install script to /usr/local/bin
    error: /usr/local/bin/easy_install: Permission denied
    sudo python3.3 setup.py install
    doesnt work either, no such command as I don't have python3.3 as the system version.

How do I get around this?
  5. No Profile Picture

I should point out that's a side issue, the system version of python and django should work fine and my main issue is that no database tables are being generated for my models and I have no idea why, I've followed the steps in the Django documentation.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo