I wanted to try to find some great tutorials on how to make a website with Python so I can get more comfortable with the code. I couldn't find a single tutorial on how to do this that didn't require Django.
So I figured I'd give Django a try since I'm already messing around with Python. If you haven't done this, give it a whirl. In fact, here's a step-by-step instructions on how you can have a complete blog in 20 minutes with Django.
To install Django on a Mac OS X. Just open up your terminal and go to town.
1. wget install Django through terminal.
2. Find out you don't have wget on this computer.
3. Research wtf is wrong.
4. Find out you need to install Xcode to get some extra terminal controls.
5. Try to find Xcode.
6. Install Xcode. Can't find where to install extra terminal controls.
7. Research wtf is wrong.
8. Install extra terminal controls.
9. wget install Django. The tutorial's url is no longer valid for the location of the Django install.
9. Download Django manually from the website.
10. tar the new download through terminal.
11. Start following the Django tutorial on making blog.
12. Experience instant error message.
13. Research wtf is wrong.
14. Discover you need to change settings to indicate which database program to use (mysql, sqlite, etc.).
15. Try this. More problems. Research wtf is wrong.
16. Discover you need to install MySQLdb for python.
17. Research htf to install MySQLdb.
18. Attempt to install MySQLdb.
19. Files not found error after install and attempt at use.
20. Try other tutorials for various things.
21. Research. Try to install pip. Errors.
22. Research wtf is wrong.
23. sudo install pip.
24. pip install MySQLdb.
25. Errors. Research wtf is wrong.
26. Try other tutorials. Try to pip install virtualenvwrapper.
27. Errors. Research wtf is wrong.
28. Need to change code in a shell file.
29. Research htf to do that.
30. Attempt to do the things people suggest.
31. Reattempt to pip install virtualenvwrapper.
32. Errors. Research wtf is wrong.
33. Need to edit some file that's in usr/local/bin.
34. Research htf to do that.
35. Abandon Django.
36. Use PHP instead.