1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Finding a Co-Founder

Hey All --

I know this isn't a standard topic you expect to see posted on this forum, but I thought I'd ask and see what comes back...

I have an idea for a real estate web app. I've designed wire frames, sequence diagrams, and pages and pages of mock-ups.

However, I need an experienced back end coder to come aboard as a co-founder. I've put word out and gotten multiple responses back, but it seems back-end programming experience, and especially Python experience itself is not very common.

I'm located on the east coast, and most of the replies I get back are from people that have all front end dreamweaver/HTML/CSS type experience. I've gone on a couple of websites, and been to a few meet ups as well.

My question (finally, right?) does anyone have any good suggestions where to look for people who are interested in forming a startup? TIA all.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by valuation_sys
    Hey All --

I know this isn't a standard topic you expect to see posted on this forum, but I thought I'd ask and see what comes back...

I have an idea for a real estate web app. I've designed wire frames, sequence diagrams, and pages and pages of mock-ups.

However, I need an experienced back end coder to come aboard as a co-founder. I've put word out and gotten multiple responses back, but it seems back-end programming experience, and especially Python experience itself is not very common.

I'm located on the east coast, and most of the replies I get back are from people that have all front end dreamweaver/HTML/CSS type experience. I've gone on a couple of websites, and been to a few meet ups as well.

My question (finally, right?) does anyone have any good suggestions where to look for people who are interested in forming a startup? TIA all.
    My suggestion is to look for a freelancer instead. It seems a lot of developers are usually hesitant to parterships online, due to lack of control, creative differences, risk involved, and no immediate return if any.
  5. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by Good News
    My suggestion is to look for a freelancer instead.
    Thanks for the suggestion. Sounds like a good way to get off the site of the ground quickly.
    My hesitancy in doing this is...its a bad way to start a company. I think its important that the people doing the initial work are around for the longer term as they help shape the company, the culture, know the base of the technology etc.

But I will definitely consider.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo