1. Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Hard to find tutorials showing how to put Django on webhost

I've been following the Django tutorial and I want to put Django on my website. And I'm really surprised that there is so few references to do this. Being that Python is so widely used and acclaimed. Like I've heard google uses it alot and Youtube too! I'm like wtf! Why is this so hard? My webhost told my to use SSH and I'm still trying to figure that out, but without a good guide I doubt I'll be able to do it right.

I've even considered using PHP instead. Basically what I want to do is create a poll for my website. I don't know PHP at all. And the tutorials that I've found for making a PHP poll REALLY SUCK.
    I'm left totally confused by watching them. This is really frustrating. I knnow Thenewboston has a awesome PHP tut, but I'm not trying to learn PHP now, I don't have time for that now. If anybody knows of some good tuts on how to put django on a webhost I would really appreciate it you would post them here!
  3. Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

"Using SSH" does not say much. It only means that you can use remote terminal via this channel - to copy and modify necessary files here etc...

However, setting up django on the host requires more high-level technical steps. They are covered in the official documentation:
    https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/dev/howto/deployment/
    As I remember, variant with WSGI is preferable, but anyway you'll need to read the manual thoroughly to make it running.

By the way, if you only need a poll for your site, why caring about django at all? You can write a simple python script and run it via CGI...

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo