1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Question Help with a project using python

hello all
    i am doing a project with python and have to simulate the problem of points, using a tossed coin, 1000 times, each displaying what each player would win.
    i have to decide my own winning total, then get python to randomly generate 2 numbers of this total, indicating where the game had been interrupted, and then for each number calculate what each player would recieve from a $10 pot.
    i am asking for any help from anyone, on how to start what commands to use and how
    thanks in advance
    Alex
  3. Contributing User

i am asking for any help from anyone, on how to start what commands to use and how
    It sounds like you have no experience with python at all, otherwise you would not ask such abstract questions.

Start from here for example:
    http://docs.python.org/3.3/tutorial/

And what about implementing your project - I see no things which could be difficult for you (if you know basics of programming and python). However I recommend at first to sit down with pencil and paper and create more thorough "specification" of your program. What it should print to user, what to ask, when, etc.
    Last edited by rodiongork; November 21st, 2013 at 08:18 AM.
  5. No Profile Picture

i have a code written but it wont work, theres a problem with the while and if loop, will you look at it for me please?

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo