1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

I need help in opening, sorting and then outputting files

And before I go posting away about my code, I was wondering if there is actually someone here who knows programming on python and is willing to help. Long story short, I am trying to write a code which reads a file and then sorts and and then writes it out to another file. I will give more details after if there is someone who is willing to help. I was wondering if it is okay if I talk to the people who are willing to help through private messages since I have a lot of questions and I do not want to flood this form with a bunch of questions.

Thanks a lot in advance!
  3. Contributing User
    Devshed Demi-God (4500 - 4999 posts)

Quite a few regular contributors of the devshed forums have great skill, broad subject knowledge, usefully interpret poorly posed questions, and are willingly helpful.
    [code]Code tags[/code] are essential for python code and Makefiles!
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

I would be willing to help. I try to browse these forums when I'm bored and in a 'programming mood'.

I don't think you need to worry about 'cluttering the forums with questions' - as long as you ask them all in this thread, there won't be any clutter

Post what you've got so far and I'll see if I can help. I have considerable experience with things like this since I in the past I have designed a website parser to study marketplace data, store it on my computer, and then graph it out into charts.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo