I've finally got a contract to do something fun, and even better am able to share my code with the OSS community. But I'm not sure of the best way to do so.

The project is still in its early stages, but I've already coverered impressive ground. I imagine that there are others who - if not able to directly use parts of my code - at least can use it as a working and semi-stable test bed.

From a feature/functional perspective, this is what I have working:
- schema for postgres database with some server-side triggers and rules. Additions and changes to certain tables trigger a NOTIFY event
- wxPython virtual list control reflecting the results of a view. No big deal you might say. but:
* the NOTIFY events are detected and the modified tables are retrieved in a background thread
* when new data is available (or the database connection is lost) wxevents are sent. This means the wx event thread is guaranteed never to freeze because of problems/slowness with the database
* reconnections to the database are handled gracefully
* "age" fields in recordsets (e.g. number of seconds since an event) are managed, so that the gui displays the correct value without needing to reconnect to the DB
- very basic wxApp, displaying the above list in a pane inside a wxNotebook tab.
- py2exe script (yes no big deal, it's tiny)
- inno setup script (to make a windows setup.exe)

and there are a couple of other things I can't think of right now.

The thing is, I'm not sure if sourceforge is a good place for this. Is there a more lightweight way I can publish my code (or ideally use a public (read-only) svn (or at worst cvs) repo)?

thanks for any advice.