1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Insert A HyperLink into a python program

I have a program that I am writing I want the output to print a hyperlink. For example: click HERE to open a webpage.

If it helps here is my code

# First set Boolean values for the different types of music

Rock = True

Punk = False

Rap = True

Pop = True

Goth = True

Country = False

Classical = True

# prompt the user for input about their genre selection

string = input("What is your favorite Genere?>>> [Rock, Punk, Rap, Pop, Goth, Country,or Classical]>>> ")

music = eval(string)

if music == True:
    z = input (" \n \n \t Here are some Artists that you might like... NickleBack (rock) Eminem (rap) Katy Perry (pop) We Are The Fallen (goth) Piano Guys (classical)>>> ")

if z == "NickleBack":
    print ("\n \n \t click HERE for link")

Also I am using bluefish text editor but are their any other multiple language supporting text editors because I don't like it very much
  3. Contributing User
    Devshed Demi-God (4500 - 4999 posts)

If you your program to run on many operating systems computers I'd recommend you write your application as a web server. Then it's pretty easy to make a web page open another web page. I'm not savvy with this.

If you know that a particular browser is available it's also fairly easy to write a tkinter gui with a few buttons that have callbacks that run a system command to start a browser with a particular page. Again, there might be an OS portable solution unknown to me.

I've used emacs since the early 1980's and am quite satisfied. Do you know of another editor with built in calculus aware symbolic calculator? emacs integrates well with debuggers for various languages, has language modes.
    [code]Code tags[/code] are essential for python code and Makefiles!
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Originally Posted by b49P23TIvg
    If you your program to run on many operating systems computers I'd recommend you write your application as a web server. Then it's pretty easy to make a web page open another web page. I'm not savvy with this.

If you know that a particular browser is available it's also fairly easy to write a tkinter gui with a few buttons that have callbacks that run a system command to start a browser with a particular page. Again, there might be an OS portable solution unknown to me.

I've used emacs since the early 1980's and am quite satisfied. Do you know of another editor with built in calculus aware symbolic calculator? emacs integrates well with debuggers for various languages, has language modes.
    thanks

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo