1. Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Where to find MacMillans "Installer"

greets

well i downloaded "Installer" a while back,and i like it over py2exe because you can make one file deployments.but my problem is,that i am getting ready to reformat my drives,and i no longer have the installer for "Installer" on my machine.and when i try to get it from the MacMillan website,the page never loads, because it says i dont have permission to view the site?!?!?and my searches on google just keep pointing me to the MacMillan site i cannot view!

can anyone post a link where i may download the current version of Installer(version 5 i believe)?thanks in advance

also,i have never gotten the options --icon and --version to work when i compile(and i did snag a version file with GrabVersion).anyone been able to do this?i am on a WinXP machine running Python 2.3.3
    It is not important if the glass is half full or half empty.What is important,is who has been drinking from MY glass?!?!?
  3. Hello World :)
    Devshed Frequenter (2500 - 2999 posts)

Ah, the page has been down for a while now. Kinda sucks, but is surpose installer is very old compared to py2exe and hasn't been updated in ages so maybe he just gave up on the project i dunno .

Nope, never got --icon or --version to work with installer, think its just a bug in the package.

Anyway i've attached Installer 5, this way you can still get hold of it , even if the site never goes back up!

Mark
    Attached Files
    programming language development: www.netytan.com Hula

5. Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

At the risk of sounding like a suck-up...These forums rule!!!

Danke! Gracias! Merci! Grazie! Obrigado! Cheers!

Thank You!
    It is not important if the glass is half full or half empty.What is important,is who has been drinking from MY glass?!?!?

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo