Thread: Missing Modules

1. Only the strong survives!!.
    Devshed God 1st Plane (5500 - 5999 posts)

Missing Modules

Ever since i downloaded and installed python-2.3.4 i have been getting all sorts of error.. like some modules missing, errors on the code like ie

sock = socket.socket ( blah, blah )

i get an error like socket is not define... ARG!!! since last night.. does any one knows why? and i also get other errors when wrapping the program in py2exe like..

The following modules appear to be missing
    ['AppKit', 'Foundation', 'objc']

i know this has been asked before.. but its weird.. , any suggestions? About to try to reinstall everything and start from scratch for the 5th time
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

So ... you're using fink? Compiled it yourself? Have you set PYTHONHOME and PYLIB environment variables? Are they correct?

I installed the fink version of Python 2.3.4. Works okay with PyObjC 1.1 ... and everything else for that matter.
  5. Only the strong survives!!.
    Devshed God 1st Plane (5500 - 5999 posts)

Originally Posted by percivall
    So ... you're using fink? Compiled it yourself? Have you set PYTHONHOME and PYLIB environment variables? Are they correct?

I installed the fink version of Python 2.3.4. Works okay with PyObjC 1.1 ... and everything else for that matter.
    finc? what is finc? After uninstalling python ( and other modues like pygame wxpython ) i created another program.. and it didnt give me any error.. maybe its pygame or wxpython.. i havent tried them yet... cause havent installed im.. tring to see where the error is truly coming from.. but i would like to knowledge my self of this error just incase i do get it again or someone else does before i do or etc
    Last edited by xlordt; May 31st, 2004 at 12:01 PM.
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Oh wait ... Oh. Forget everything I said btw.

Hope you figure out what's causing the problem

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo