1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Mixing python API and MPI (or MPI4PY)

I wrote a couple hand-writing C extensions for python, but one of the them is really slow so I would like to make it faster using MPI (newbie) but I have no idea how to implement the code. I google for options but I couldn't find anything about mix python API and MPI. Any GOOD reference? ideas? Thanks!
  3. Contributing User
    Devshed Demi-God (4500 - 4999 posts)

You could investigate openMPI . Compiler directives indicate which parts of your code should be parallel. You might also need to set compiler flags and environment variables. I haven't figured it out yet. My current FORTRAN question
    http://forums.devshed.com/other-programming-languages-139/parallel-code-gives-different-answer-945753.html

In my case, I know there's a much faster algorithm to find matrix determinant than the recursive cofactors approach. I'm just trying to learn about openMPI.

Have you used the best algorithms? Have you factored common subexpressions? Do you compute unnecessary values? Are you solving the right problem? Did you profile the code to determine the critical parts? Are these eligible for parallel execution?
    [code]Code tags[/code] are essential for python code and Makefiles!

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo