1. Hello World :)
    Devshed Frequenter (2500 - 2999 posts)

More from the Net (Net-0.2 Attached)

As some of you may be aware i've been working on an improved Python CGI module named Net... that is if you can call Net a module in the true sence of the word ; being more of an environment as it currently exists

Check out my the thread for more info on what Nets about - http://forums.devshed.com/t126942/s.html

Anyway whats new in Net-0.2:
    1. A small bug in cookies was fixed to prevent errors while unpacking cookie strings!
    2. Functions are now accessable - encode(), decode() and escape() provide URL encoding and decoding aswell as escaping special char's. All from Net.
    3. Error the redirection class in errors.py has now been improved to make handeling XHTML easier.
    4. The new values module lets you pick which input streams you wish to load (read the comments in this file for more info)
    5. form has been replaced by request for default operations and now also loads cookies into the dictionary!!! Similar to PHPs $_REQUEST variable.

The lib is still pretty new so the interface is constantly being improved although the code itself is stable.

For all of you who are interested i'm also looking into creating a sessions interface for the next release so that should be fun .

Have fun,

Mark.

Examples to follow soon.
    Attached Files
    programming language development: www.netytan.com Hula

3. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Cool stuff netytan , although, I don't normaly end up doing much CGI stuff.

Keep workin' at it!
  5. Hello World :)
    Devshed Frequenter (2500 - 2999 posts)

Not many people do, most choose to languages like perl or PHP. Something i want to change . In any case working with CGI with net is a lot easier than it is with the 'cgi' module... and getting easier .

Thanks for the input Xx

Mark.
    programming language development: www.netytan.com Hula

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo